Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How much travel you running on yer Inbred? (not 456)
  • RestlessNative
    Free Member

I know it now says 100mm on the website since the CEN testing thing but what you actually running?

Been running 130mm on mine for about 3 years and wondering whether to take my forks apart and drop them to 115mm or whether it won’t really notice much either way.

And I have obviously been thinking about this too much instead of doing something interesting

emac65
    Free Member

Never tried it at 130,but at 115mm it feels just right for me…

carlphillips
    Free Member

always at 125mm it felt good for me

MoreCheeseGromit

I also run mine at 115mm most of the time (occasional at 100mm).

To me, 115mm feels much better than 130mm.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

I have revelation u turns on mine so 100 – 130 to choose from. I hardly ever wind them down from 130,but I prefer the more laid back feel of full travel.sometimes have a blast round with them wound right down if I am feeling fast

stumpy01

Reba u-turn on mine normally set to 115mm.

They are ok at 85 though.

ahwiles
    Free Member

130 is lovely.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

140mm Vanillas on my 853. Very nice. Having had 115 & 130 as well, I’d say 130 was the sweet spot though. 🙂

RestlessNative
    Free Member

hmmm I’m not sure that helped 🙂

maybe I’ll just have to try it, shouldn’t take more than 30 mins or so to pull the forks I guess

sv

100mm on my 853.

crotchrocket
    Free Member

140 talas on mine. Usually keep them on 100 but it’s nice to
    Have a bit more when I’m taking a chance.

Northwind

I had a Scandal- same geometry- and rally didn’t get on with it with any longer than 110mm in the front. Above that it was a bit of a barge and climbed like it was pissed. I didn’t really think anything of it til I rode a Soul and that really brought out what it was doing wrong. Brilliant with shorter travel on though, might get another some day.

takisawa2

RC40’s here. Rides just great at 120mm for me.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Right cheers, will swap the travel tonight to 115, I think it might be a better compromise

porter_jamie

none

brant
    Free Member

Bit of a tip here… the longer the fork, the shorter the stem, and the more forward you should put your saddle.
    Yes – this will make your reach shorter when you’re sat, but the forward saddle position keeps weight forward when seated to stop the front end bobbing up or around.

clubber
    Free Member

130mm Pace RC40 on mine – 115 is good too, 100mm makes it too exciting IMO.

richie_boy
    Free Member

80mm. Fox F80RL’s. Just built it up as a winter hack with an alfine hub with any old junk i could find in the garage. Handles great. Posted up on here fora dvice as i thought 80mm may be too short. 110mm Thomson oversize stem

plumber
    Free Member

100-130 Revs on my 853

115 going up
    130 coming down

if I remember to adjust of course

Love my 853

ds3000
    Free Member

120 Rebas here, it looks surprisingly slack when not sagged.

RestlessNative
    Free Member

Cheers all, and thanks for the tip Brant, running a 65mm stem on a 16″ with only a 10mm ish layback seatpost so I think I’m ok

Just finished putting the forks back together at 115 so will see this weekend.

If I had any sense I’d have bought U turns but I don’t really like having lots of things to fiddle with 🙂

Mine is one of the hundred 853s too, there seem to be a few on here

Stoner
    Free Member

none on this set up 😉

But in a previous life I ran 100mm and 120mm. 120mm was good with old vanillas. 100mm air wasnt so good.

sharki
    Free Member

About 300mm up front and 180 on the rear with the saddle down.

All adjustable.

HTH

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How much travel you running on yer Inbred? (not 456)’ is closed to new replies.