Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How much travel on pro pedal
  • davesmate
    Free Member

I’ve been riding MTB for quite a few years now but I’m relatively new to FS.

I’ve got a float RP2 shock and I’m using all but the last cm of travel when it’s set on pro pedal. It feels stiff while I’m riding but after a decent off road blast it’s used nearly all it’s travel, is this right?

I’m what you might call “quite a big unit” and the lads I ride with just say to pump more air into it but it’s up to about 250 – 260psi now, this seems quite a lot to me.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Same amount as when not in pro pedal it just doesn’t react the same giving you a firm ride for climbing or fast smoothish singletrack, I often forget to flick mine off for the more knarly stuff.

z1ppy

I’m using all but the last cm of travel when it’s set on pro pedal

so you use all the travel when not on Pro Pedal?

the lads I ride with just say to pump more air into it

I’ve never heard anyone suggest setting up a shock any otherway than by the sag measurement, by all means run less sag say 20-25% rather than 30% but don’t just add air willy-nilly. Also guides for setting up shock are just that guides, they aren’t gospel, measure your sag and make adjustments based on that.

EDIT: Oh and set the shock up (measure the sag) with the propedal off.

davesmate
    Free Member

Same amount as when not in pro pedal it just doesn’t react the same giving you a firm ride for climbing or fast smoothish singletrack, I often forget to flick mine off for the more knarly stuff

ahhh I see, I thought it just stiffened up the shock and didn’t allow it to travel as far.

so you use all the travel when not on Pro Pedal?

depends what/where I’m riding but pretty much yeah.

I’ve never heard anyone suggest setting up a shock any otherway than by the sag measurement, by all means run less sag say 20-25% rather than 30% but don’t just add air willy-nilly. Also guides for setting up shock are just that guides, they aren’t gospel, measure your sag and make adjustments based on that.

I’ve set the sag pretty much as Fox tell you to and it’s more or less spot on, I just didn’t think it should travel that much in pro pedal

z1ppy

Pro pedal is only to stop pedal induced ‘bounce’.
    The shock be using as much travel as it would when the pro-pedal is on or off
    ei. if you did the same track downhill with Pro on or off, the rubber band should have moved the same amount.

that’s my take on it anyways, I’d try that as a test and if it’s not the same give Mojo (definitely if its under warrenty) or TF Tuned a ring for some advise.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

Z1ppy is correct, its just with pro pedal on the damping is increased to stop pedal bob which MAY mean that the shock doesn’t react so quickly on your downhill course so you may perhaps not get the same extremes of travel.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How much travel on pro pedal’ is closed to new replies.