Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How much to take a frame only in a Ryanair flight?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve looked at their baggage page and my brain hurts. Can I just check it in as regular luggage ? 16” hardtail frame of it makes a difference ?

Thanks!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Cheaper to post I’d guess, they are bound to ask questions when you check it it and make it sports equipment.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’m not sure if the person I might buy it off will post abroad… And even if they did Shirley it’s cheaper to take it on a flight of I’m already in the country? Unless you know a good international courier ?

nickdavies

https://www.ryanair.com/en/fees/

Bike is £60. Worst case – you might get away with paying less but allow £60 then you get a bonus if they take it as regular checked for £30.

Don’t bet on it though, they also like to charge per set of skis even if both are in the same bag and are inside the allowed weights and measurements!

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Thanks yes , but that’s the thing, it’s not a bike…. Maybe it is to the folks at Ryanair?

Potdog
    Free Member

Will it fit in a suitcase?

Andy

Frame on its own not that big. Just find a bag it will go in and take it as normal hold luggage. If a soft bag wrap it up and put rolled up cardboard between the drop outs

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I haven’t bought it yet so not sure if it will fit. I reckon a 16” hardtail will go
    I’m a normal case/ bag?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Actually yeah it’ll go in a suitcase, I’ve put a road frame in a (big) suitcase before.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cool beans and top banana, I’ll try it in a suitcase. I wonder what I can stuff in the seat tube etc

scaredypants

couple of kilos of coke ?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Indeed 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

with any other airline….
    If it was within the standard baggage sizes (they don’t seem to list them) even if it was a box it should be processed as normal luggage. It’s only if it’s bigger than the standard size that it becomes excess/oversize luggage.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How much to take a frame only in a Ryanair flight?’ is closed to new replies.