Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How much to post a frame?
  • Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

any ideas????

Junkyard
    Free Member
    psychle
    Free Member

Frame only? Around £10 with DHL and the like (nil insurance). Use parcel2go.com (all couriers) or senditnow.co.uk (Parcelforce), plus with senditnow is that you can do next day for £15 which includes £250 worth of insurance, just sent a whole bike using this service…

Whos_Daddy
    Free Member

cheers..

Clink

ParcelForce at my local PO is around £15-20 for 48hr, depending on insurance.

Northwind

Depends on the frame and how much you package it. Just paid £17 for a Soul in a pretty hefty box, with £300 insurance, 48 hour Parcelforce. Never had a totally satisfactory result from parcel2go or senditnow myself.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

If it’s under 10kg it’ll be £21.90 by RM Special Delivery. Guaranteed delivery before 1pm and insured up to £500. My experiences with Royal Mail have all been excellent.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

You wont beable to send it special delivery to big,use standard parcel pay £3.50 extra for ins upto £500.cost £10/£15 depending how heavy frame is.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

You wont beable to send it special delivery to big

I sent a frame on Friday, packed in a full-size bike box. It cost me £21.90 using the Special Delivery by 1pm service.

andyl
    Free Member

Last one I sent was a steel inbred with fork, bars, post etc in a box the size of a bike box (car wing box) and it was just under £9 insured for £100 delivered next day. Can’t remember which courier but booked through parcelmonkey and that price included the £1 insurance (£1 for every £100 of cover IIRC).

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

You may well of but the people in the post office didnt know what they were doing,lucky it never got sent back.Have worked for Royal mail for 30 years,thats there guy lines.Mind saying that most post offices are not crown ones anymore.So alot dont know what they are doing.Seen alot of items sent back to sender for being to big for the way they have been posted.You did well.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How much to post a frame?’ is closed to new replies.