Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • how much to pay to powder coat a frame?
  • redstripe
    Free Member

Got 2 nice old 531 road bike frames hanging in the shed, not dented put tatty paintwork, been meaning to build them up again for ages. Seems to be quite a few places around Bournemouth where I live that do grit blasting and powder coating. Was going to phone around on Monday, but what’s a reasonable price to pay to get a frameset (well 2) done? And, anyone local got a recommended place? cheers
    ps – or better off with proper respray at somehwere like Argos in Bristol (suspect a lot more expensive)?

DrP

Treston by Southampton dock are cheap and good….About £40 per frame.
    Once I buff up my single speed, I’ll prob head that way from wet Sussex….

DrP

jonba
    Free Member

Wouldn’t get it grit blasted, too harsh. But anyway see what the coater will offer in the way of stripping. I paid £50 for a metallic finish, it was about £5 less for standard gloss.

itsup
    Free Member

It’s ‘media’ blasting and they don’t use ‘sand’ these days…

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Treston by Southampton dock are cheap and good….About £40 per frame.

Had several done there! They have been great! Do sparkles too for no extra cost 😉

coatesy
    Free Member

Just a warning, a customer of ours had his Five media blasted by a Cardiff based company who said they regularly worked with precision ali components. He’s currently going through court proceedings, as they totalled his pivot bearing mounts, and left the main surfaces riddled with pits and waves.There could be a good reason why Orange take so long, and charge so much for powdercoating a frame.

rocky-mountain
    Free Member

had a quick look round and these guys look good, having a dedicated page

http://www.armourtexltd.co.uk/cycles.html

redstripe
    Free Member

Thanks for your help, looks like Trestons in Soton best bet for me, cheers

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘how much to pay to powder coat a frame?’ is closed to new replies.