Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How much to paint the wood on a house?
  • eltonerino

Please excuse another decoratory/estimatey thread…

How much would it cost roughly to get the wood (windows, doors, soffits, fascias etc.) painted on the outside of a good sized 4 bed house? The wood is completely back to the wood in places, it looks like it hasn’t been done since 1997 (when that house was built).

We’ve been quoted £900 which is in the ballpark (high side) for what I was thinking and a bout £300 more than the Mrs was thinking.

How much do you think it would cost?

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

The bloke who does mine charges £200 per day (that’s for two of them) plus paint. No idea how long it would take to paint yours but £900 sounds OK

Make sure they don’t want to use scaffolding rather than ladders otherwise the cost will rocket

chorlton
    Free Member

Sounds about right. By what you’ve said it’ll need quite a bit of prep. The bare wood will need 3 coats.

40mpg

My first thought was £1k

Make sure they don’t want to use scaffolding rather than ladders otherwise the cost will rocket

Never mind their safety though 🙄

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

A tower is only about a hundred quid a week.
    Hardly rocketing.

eltonerino

Thanks, it seems like a good quote.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

How long is a piece of string? There is a lot of messing about working from a ladder or tower, £ 900 is very cheap. If the painter is on £500 a week then that’s only a week and a halfs work with materials and so on.
    It would take at least a fortnight just to give everything a quick once over.
    At that price I would take his hand off!

rene59
    Free Member

Fud.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

At that price I would take his hand off!

+1

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How much to paint the wood on a house?’ is closed to new replies.