Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How much to hire road bike in Europe?
  • sputnik
    Free Member

Asking on behalf of mates in South Africa. I’m meeting them in Geneva and then we cycle from there to Alpe d Huez.
    Then some more cycling in France before they fly back from Geneva. Bikes will be needed for about 10 days.
    They could bring own bikes and got quoted 100 US $ each way by Air France which they thought was steep, but methinks it will be the cheapest option.

doug_basqueMTB.com

With us you can get a cheapish Lapierre for €200 a week or a nice high end Orbea for €65 a day. More expensive than the flight option but less hassle probably. I say probably because you have to get to the hire shop, when it is open, at the start and end of your trip.

hjghg5
    Free Member

My OH hired one in Gran Canaria last week – around the €200 mark for 9 days.

nosherduke996
    Free Member

I have just paid £90 for 6 days road bike hire in Mallorca.

scruff9252

I hired a willier gtr in Mallorca last may for ~€20 / day or about £50 per week. Was cheaper than flying mine out there.

I suspect the cost of hiring will greatly depending on the number of bike shops trying to rent our their bikes…

DiscJockey
    Free Member

What dates are you doing this ride ?

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

A bare in mind you want to hire in Geneva, where it’s about CHF500 for a coffee and a pizza. Def cheaper to fly your own in I’d say!

sputnik
    Free Member

I’m also thinking flying in own bikes cheaper!
    Thanks for replies so far.
    Dates are from 11 June to 20 June.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How much to hire road bike in Europe?’ is closed to new replies.