Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How much to get BB thread chased?
  • Skyliner
    Free Member

Frame back from powdercoaters and whilst the BB threads are paint free they seem to have picked up some powder, now struggling to get the bearings to bite on installation. Is this a big cost?

nemesis
    Free Member

Nitromors and a chase with a knife or a cut-threaded BB usually works for that but if you’re not confident then from memory you’re looking at £10-20 for a straightforward clean up.

matther01
    Free Member

If you know you lbs well…nothing (in my case). Tenner tops…takes minutes with the right tool which they should have.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

.”takes minutes with the right tool which they should have.”

provided not too much damage has been done trying to force them in, in which case rectifying damage can take much longer….

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Feeling quite smug after reading this as my lbs only charged me a fiver!

neilthewheel

takes minutes with the right tool which they should have.

…and which costs a few hundred pounds, don’t forget.

plus-one

Packet of nice biscuits works for me 😉

Skyliner
    Free Member

I feel somewhat relieved it isn’t going to cos the earth! I’m sure a chase will sort it as they were perfect before the powdercoat and the attempt to fit the bearings was very light. Thanks for the responses guys. Biscuits – dare I go up to chocolate Hobnob level?? 🙂

jonnouk
    Free Member

Cost me £15 from a well known place down on the dock to chase & face. After copious amounts of brake cleaner and brushing I found out they had chased the threads nicely and not packed my shell full of swarf.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How much to get BB thread chased?’ is closed to new replies.