Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How much to change Anthem pivot bearings?
  • granny_ring

Rough price a LBS would charge?
    Is it too harder job for a hamfisted a DIYer and what presses/pullers would you need. Seen Katec bearings are £30odd.

DT78
    Free Member

You could do it with a socket set and some patience. When I looked into a lbs it was something silly like 150

theotherjonv

I was quoted over £100, got katec ones off the web and a set of pullers and it’s a pretty easy job actually.

granny_ring

Cheers, which pullers did you use?

theotherjonv

Some I bought off kaesae, and a couple of sockets to fill in gaps.

northshoreniall

Just had my reign done, including rocker plates, by LBS £140 – that was using Giant parts. As above Kaetec bearings much cheaper, only went LBS as needed rocker done due to cable rub making considerable imprint into plate/ bearing area.

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Genuine pivot kit from Giant is around £60 with bearings, bolts spacers etc.
    Some can be a pig without the right tools, especially if they’re really worn & collapse when pressing them out, so £100-140 doesn’t sound excessive to me

DT78
    Free Member

btw if you use a jewellers screwdriver you can remove the cartridge bearings seal to have a look at the bearing insitu. You can then flush with degreaser, repack with grease and replace the seal easily enough. If you are careful you can bring back to life bearings that you thought needed replacing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How much to change Anthem pivot bearings?’ is closed to new replies.