Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How much sag and what pressure on Orange Five RP23
  • Chipbutty
    Free Member

Had my new Orange 5 out yesterday for the first time. Its an 2012 frame with RP23 shock. Ive set the shock at 170psi (about 25%). I set this with Propedal on postion 2, but if I set the sag with propedal off it will sit further into the travel. How are you guys setting it up? PP on or Off? I weigh 13 stone, so would be interested what others off the same weight are putting in PSI wise.

Cheers

LoCo
    Free Member

Propedal off and use the sag to set the pressure.

http://locotuning.co.uk/rear-shocks.html

passtherizla
    Free Member

yeah propedal needs to be off… I’m a little bit lighter (12.5) than you and run 160.

righog
    Free Member

It took a while before I was happy with my RP23 on the 5 at least 10 longish rides perhaps 15.

I am heavier at 13.5 stone and have ended up running 200 psi.

At first it was blowing thru the travel and i had to have it on propedal 3 all the time, but as it has settled down (or i have got used to riding it) I have ended up running 200 psi with the propedal off allmost all the time.

chestrockwell

I never know what’s on and what’s off with PP! I run my 5 with it set to the firm setting most of the time, only flicking it the other way for decent downs (if that makes sense).

elaineanne
    Free Member

so if im 8 and abit stone whats the least amount of psi for me think i have 150 psi in mine..

Bregante

so if im 8 and abit stone whats the least amount of psi for me think i have 150 psi in mine..

8 stone? Just hold it up in a gentle breeze, that should do it 🙂

andycs

Sag should be about 1 3rd of the available travel with propedal off. Don’t forget when you sit on bike make sure you are dressed in full riding kit including camelback full of water if you use one as this is the weight you are when you ride.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How much sag and what pressure on Orange Five RP23’ is closed to new replies.