Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • how much rotational movement in reverb ?
  • iainc

popped a new (warranty replacement) one on the other day. I do remember the old one had about a mm or so of rotation of the saddle, new one seems about same – normal ?

wl
    Free Member

Every Reverb has play as far as I can tell. Mine’s had some, maybe 1 mm or two, since day one but I’ve hammered it for 18 months and it’s got no worse, so I’m happy.

dirtydog
    Free Member

Sounds normal.

iainc

wi – yeah, thats what i reckoned, thanks. I have been on a fixed post for a month so kind of forgot how the old one was. Don’t realy notice it when riding right enough 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Yep, same as the three or four I’ve owned.

iainc

thanks all

variflex
    Free Member

Yes, basically the key ways wear so the amount of movement increases. If it gets really bad it can be sorted as part of a service. Normal movement I would say was 1-2mm. Anymore and I would suggest sending it for a service 🙂

iainc

Had a wiggle at one on a bike in a shop today and it had less play than my brand new one…..

Really CBA taking it of and back to LBS again for return, might just live with it as don’t notice it riding other than occasionally. I’d say the shaft has maybe 1mm max rotation which is amplified at the saddle nose. Presume its probably ‘within tolerance’ but it does rotate more than my original one and the one I played with !

CalamityJames
    Free Member

Am I correct in assuming left/right movement is okay but back/forth isn’t?

iainc

Googling around they all seem to have a little rotational movement, they have to in order to move. I suspect my new one has a little more than it should but its not adjsutable as must be manufacturing tolerances. Fore and aft is not meant to happen as far as I know.

iainc

Looking online it seems they have 3 keys which control the rotation. Surely a new one can’t have any wear in it so mine ‘has to be OK’ …surely ? Its a warranty replacement and was definately brand spanking and boxed. If a key was in wrong or missing it wouldn’t work, right ?

iainc

2mm each side of centreline at saddle nose is amount it moves..

iainc

So should I return it or live with it ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘how much rotational movement in reverb ?’ is closed to new replies.