Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • HOW MUCH!! (Office 2010 prices – any experts in the house) Business Use
  • monkey_boy
    Free Member

Just got a quote for Office 2010 standard with 15 licenses.

it’s coming in at £315 each!!

that can’t be right surely?

I remember being quoted by Dell for office 2007 few years back and it was £127 each?

cheers

organic355
    Free Member

find a friend whos works in education/university or a student, its free then!!

molgrips
    Free Member

ecostsoftware.com ?

monkey_boy
    Free Member

Got the above form Insight? was suggeste dby our phone comms guy but even he fell off his chair!

wwaswas

If this is for a business don’t go down the education licence route – it’ll cost you if you get found out.

have a look at open office – it’s free and does 95% of what the MS stuff doesn.

cp

but that 5% it doesn’t and the frustrating way it doesn’t render word files properly in just about every case i’ve used means it’s well worth paying for office.

WackoAK
    Free Member

we pay an “Open Subscription License” think it works out about £120ish per user per year but allows you to get all previous versions and instant download of the new one when it’s out. Works out at pennies per day.

monkey_boy
    Free Member

cheers all, just sent a guy at ecostsoftware.com an email, even he laughed!

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

I used to have a way of getting a subsidised copy via my employer, (NHS Trust) and the trust has recently stopped this because of the cost.

Student & teacher isn’t free (£90ish last time I looked) and only has three licence IIRC.

disco_stu
    Free Member

the dell license you were quoted was probably the cost for oem software, ie its tied to the hardware it is bought with ie can’t be moved to other pc’s if it dies
    retail software is always more expensive than oem or a subscription license.

DaRC_L

Open office – you know it makes financial sense 😉

monkey_boy
    Free Member

the dell license you were quoted was probably the cost for oem software, ie its tied to the hardware it is bought with ie can’t be moved to other pc’s if it dies
    retail software is always more expensive than oem or a subscription license.

im not sure, when i asked the dell guy for a price for a new server he gave the price for office 2007 aswell but we didnt buy any PC’s?

unless ive picked you up wrong.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘HOW MUCH!! (Office 2010 prices – any experts in the house) Business Use’ is closed to new replies.