Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • How much of where you live is built on? (Find out here! )
  • aP
    Free Member

I’m a very happy self confessed isolationist with an aversion for people

You’d be fine living in London, unless you want to you could live at least 90% of your life without actually speaking to anyone. I reckon where you live there are people who’d go out of their way to come and chat to you…

somafunk

Nope, not a chance – i need hills, trees, fresh air and the isolation that means i can ride for 6+hours/day without seeing another house or person, i had to venture south of the border (nr Birmingham) last December to collect my new van – genuinely did not like it at all – just felt so unnatural/unhealthy to be in such a heavily built up enviroment with so many pent up aggressive drivers and stacked housing estates blending into each other.

Derbyshire Dales – seems about right

Built on 3%, Green urban 2%, Farmland 81%, Natural 14%

scud
    Free Member

Rural West Norfolk, classified as “Breckland”

Built on -3 %
    Green Urban – 1%
    Farmland – 81%
    Natural – 15%

Surprised to be honest that the farmland is that low.

benp1

Slightly OT, but in some countryside places I actually found it hard to ‘get out and explore’ easily

Farmers fields look nice but they’re not so great for exploring and the foot paths are as a result very limited or get diverted around the edges (in the places that I remember wandering around in) – I guess I’m particularly talking about flat arable land

Natural areas can ‘look’ as green from afar, but are much better for exploring

tomhoward

I live 3 miles from the centre of Leeds. Only 29%is built on apparently.

Bollocks. It they use more than the first two letters of the postcode it might provide a more accurate answer…

toby1

6% built, but we are in the process of having 10000 homes built right around my village. Post code covers a massive area though.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

London Borough of Hillingdon

Built on 53%
    Green urban 18%
    Farmland 23%
    Natural 6%

The surprising bit of that was 23% farmland in a London borough, thought it would have been in single figures.

jimdubleyou

London Borough of Hillingdon

Basically the countryside 😛

mefty
    Free Member

Same as JimW

colournoise

Klunk – Member
    Built on 4%
    Green urban 2%
    Farmland 84%
    Natural 10%

Snap!

Nice to see looking at the map that I live on a ‘built on’ bit that is right next to pretty much the largest area of ‘natural’ in the local authority. Equally nice that the FC have built (and turn mostly a blind eye to us building and riding extra) some trails in that area.

chiefgrooveguru

Brighton and Hove

Built on – 40%
    Green urban – 15%
    Farmland – 43%
    Natural – 1%

But I live just around the corner from a green urban space which gets me to the South Downs National Park in about five minutes on the bike. Can’t complain!

deviant
    Free Member

Built on <1%

Country and/or farming 99%

Ceredigion region, Wales.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

All of my flat is built on.
    Less than 20% of the house is built on.

mattyfez

50% natural, 35% farm, but I live in the edge of city, it’s a shame it’s calculated by boundary, as that really skews the picture and does not really mean anything, and not a certain radius from a post code or whatever.

tjagain

Not sure how they are defining natural though

A very broad definition given that there is very little natural land in the UK. the highlands? Nope – man made landscape etc etc

tazzymtb

8% built on in a nice bit of Cheshire, with ace little market towns as the build up bits and lots of green around farmy stuff and natural, with good links for travel. Yeh not bad

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘How much of where you live is built on? (Find out here! )’ is closed to new replies.