Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How much of Cannock will be rideable this weekend?
  • TiRed

Thinking of taking the teens and nephew1 to Cannock as I will be in the area for the weekend. With the final round of the XC nationals, how much will be open for casual and beginner riding? Teen1 will want to ride the DH, of course, but teen2 and nephew1 will be happier on blue routes.

Might enter the Vets race on Sunday if entry on the line is available. If I do, wave at the SS in Twickenham kit.

rOcKeTdOg

Racing usually takes place away from the way marked stuff so u should be fine

TiRed

Cheers. Will definitely go then. And see if I can race too.

brennanpj
    Free Member

No on the day entry on Sunday.
    Think the open race on Saturday can be entered on the day.

timmys

I saw info on this somewhere, maybe chase trails twitter feed? All of Follow the Dog from where it crossed the road to the end is closed Thur-Mon if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Here it is; http://www.chasetrails.co.uk/2014/08/nationals-race-ftd-closure/

I take it the “old” second half of FtD (Chainslapper etc.) is not rideable nowadays as an alternative?

rocketman
    Free Member

I take it the “old” second half of FtD (Chainslapper etc.) is not rideable nowadays as an alternative?

You can try 😉

st

As posted above the end of foll the dog in the Tackeroo block will be closed but the rest will be open for riding as usual.

Therefore you can ride most of FtD (and all of the Monkey if you wish) subject to following the signed diversion to get you back to Birches Valley.

digga
    Free Member

None of it will be properly rideable. It will be surfaced in those stupid, horrible, low friction, roundy stones, as per usual. Stay at home and wipe you bum on copies of MBR.

scruff
    Free Member

It will be surfaced by energy gel wrappers by Sunday night. 🙁

digga
    Free Member

scruff – Member
    It will be surfaced by energy gel wrappers by Sunday night.

That’s good, any fule no the deer would starve to death if it weren’t for Lucozade bottles, fag packets, gel wrappers and Maccy D boxes. They are the major food groups.

kjcc25
    Free Member

Old Dog – Section 13 dug up to stop you riding it.
    Section 14 a bit overgrown with bracken and brambles at this time of the year.
    Section 15 two or three trees across the trail that were blown down earlier this year.
    Section 16 trail buried under brash from tree felling last year.
    So no the Old Dog is not ridable. It would have made an excellent diversion if it had not been dug up, far better than the one being used during the four days the new sections are to be closed for.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How much of Cannock will be rideable this weekend?’ is closed to new replies.