Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How Much of an Upgrade Would a Lyrik RC2L be Over a 426 Pike?
  • nwill1
    Free Member

As title really? Looking at stiffness and damping.

I have fox 36 float R’s at 149mm, stiffness and damping in amazing but really really struggling without the travel adjust. Thinking do I go back to Pike 426 (as I already have some), get some Lyriks OR just stick with 36’s?

What would you do?

nwill1
    Free Member

Anyone?

loddrik
    Free Member

You posted the question less than an hour ago, give people a chance to respond…

HermanShake
    Free Member

If you have teh Pikes, try ’em out. Only you can know.

I imagine the Lyriks are stiffer, but Pikes are pretty stiff. Sell/swap your 36s, you don’t sound like you’re getting on together.

Northwind

I think RC2L is the equivalent of my Lyriks (Mission Control with rebound, high and low compression, and lockout?) and I’d say it’s miles better than the motion control in a Pike. Especially if you remove the lockout. Also, very intuitive to use.

RustyMac

depends on what you are wanting to use the fork for? and on what bike?

You could always go down the road of getting some coil sektors upgraded with Rev dual flow and rct3 damping.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

about 30mm?

Mugboo

Spacer Floats to 140 or buy a new Revelation rebound damper for your your Pikes from Loco.

nwill1
    Free Member

Sorry fox are at 140 not 149, typo.

It on my charge blender, only bike, does everything, xc, trail, 4x, DH, BMX track. I liked the Pike but brought 36s on a whim, lighter, pimper, stiffer and better damped. It’s just that I’m not getting on with them due to not being travel adjust (well not easily). If they were travel adjust I’d look no further but given my frame and ridding all sorts I now feel its a must! Talas out the question due to price and they loose small bump compliance apparently.

Trying to decide whether to put the pikes back on or get something different.

Superficial
    Free Member

160mm on a hardtail is stupid.

I’d go for revelations personally. Any perceived decrease in stiffness (compared with Pikes) is offset by much better damping so they track much better in rocks etc.

nwill1
    Free Member

Looked at revs at Merlin but no deals on travel adjust, can’t fond anywhere else where prices are circa £300-£400?

Also, can’t afford to keep changing and want the option of more travel for if & when I change frames.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How Much of an Upgrade Would a Lyrik RC2L be Over a 426 Pike?’ is closed to new replies.