Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • How much of a loss selling on my Canyon AM 6.0 do you reckon?
  • spudly1979
    Free Member

hi, sorry if this should be in the classifieds, but not really sure whether I want to sell yet. Kind of lost my patience with Canyon (the company not the bike) and thinking i may be a bit overbiked at 150mm.

Anyone any ideas what a reasonable second hand price would be or what i might be looking at on trade in?

Its the 2011 model, but the frame was replaced a couple of months back so is relatively new, the rear mech is upgraded to an X0 model, less than 3 months old.

Again, apologies if this is in the wrong place, but as I don’t have a price, it can’t go in the classifieds.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

60% of new value max

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

I’d strip it and sell the bits on ebay.

spudly1979
    Free Member

so about £1k max you reckon? Yeah, hoped for more, but realistically I can see that.

Ugh.

spudly1979
    Free Member

Paul, did think about doing that, but wondering if i’m better doing it the other way around – try and sell frame and then buy a new frame and fit my parts to it.

From what i understand, the frame is virtually free if you add up the components, so anything i make would just go towards the new one.

renton
    Free Member

Is watch out. I posted a similar thread about my Bfe and it got closed because people on here complained I was advertising it for sale !

chakaping
    Free Member

Have you fixed that problem with the front mech thread?

Also, don’t think of it as a “loss” – unless you’ve had no pleasure at all from riding it.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Flog frame and buy something you want/like.

spudly1979
    Free Member

hi Chapaking, its at my LBS now, they reckon I may have been given a worse case scenario – ie its not the threads and is therefore fixable. Sorry, not sure how or what else it could be, but i’m not a bike mechanic, I’ll update as soon as they tell me, and obviously would tell any prospective buyer if it has to be heli-coiled. Agreed on the ‘loss’ bit, I have had some ace rides on it.

I suspect if its as big a loss (sorry!) as this (which lets me realistic, its going to be) I’m better off sucking it up, and hoping for no more repairs! As I said – I enjoy the ride, just a bit down on Canyon themselves. And as mentioned on another thread – you can get bad service and delays from LBS purchased bikes too.

My mate suggested I stop being a nob and get out riding as soon as i get it back and forget about selling/buying bikes!

euans2
    Free Member

I’ve got to agree with your mate tbh, get it sorted and get back out on it!

The only reason my bike would be going back to Canyon was if it had a huge failure, getting the bit heli-coiled will take an LBS next to no time and cost next to nothing.

Bikes are like cars in the second hand market, as soon as you take delivery the price drops like a stone.

When I come to sell mines I’ll be selling the frame only

spudly1979
    Free Member

yeah I know, took a bit of mate-style honesty to tell me to stop being an indignant prat. Kind of taking my anger with canyon service above actually getting out and riding! Bike is in for repair and buying a new bottom bracket and tyres instead of new frame – far cheaper!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘How much of a loss selling on my Canyon AM 6.0 do you reckon?’ is closed to new replies.