Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • How much like their online persona have you found people to be?
  • RudeBoy
    Free Member

The Soft Southern Shandy Drinkers was formed to get people from the forum together. Why not, when you share common interests, and a love for the outdoors? Makes perfect sense. The first SSSD ride was organised by Peter Poddy. Since then, there have been numerous rides in Swinley, Lordswood, Tunnel Hill, Surrey Hills and other places, not forgetting the infamous Summer Festival up at WCAs, and of course the most recent, Cinnamon Girl’s Swinley ride. Several good friendships have resulted from all this. It’s all good.

IMO, if you don’t get out there, and meet people, you’re missing out. Not always easy, as some people might be quite shy, or have had bad experiences with other groups, but if you make the effort, then life can be more fun.

Personally, I intend to meet as many people as poss, off here, ‘cos I want to explore Britain, with others who are passionate about their local and favourite riding places.

(The STW Massive, as one, close all the curtains, turn off all lights, and hide under the bed, in case RudeBoy turns up…)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

I’m incredibly shy 🙁

miketually
    Free Member

I only did one

I did three. I was having skipping chain issues that meant I couldn’t even pedal on the tarmac sections if they were even slightly uphill. If it had been just the mud or just the skipping chain, I’d have done more but both meant I was just pushing a bike round in circles.

Personally, I intend to meet as many people as poss, off here, ‘cos I want to explore Britain, with others who are passionate about their local and favourite riding places.

Get yourself oop north RudeBoy.

terrahawk
    Free Member

everyone I’ve met off here has been great.
    Apart from Mr Sparkle, but he’s a Wanderers fan so I was never expecting too much anyway 😉

pk-ripper
    Free Member

If i’m hora, does that make me specially-abled?

juan
    Free Member

sobs quietly to herself. Does this mean I am more horrible and less hot in real life?? [:(]

Sorry Mrs flash… It’s just I am getting old by now 😉

But you are a lovely lady too 😀

juan
    Free Member

mr & mrs poddy etc are lovely WCA – which troll are you… (its gayle here)

The one with the loveliest accent 😉

clareymorris

A-hem ? ;-D

nickc

Knew before I even looked, who’d be posting on this thread

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Oi! Juan, stop chatting up them ladies, where’s that top you promised me?? 👿

clareymorris

MrsFlash you were making me jealous at HTN looking all cosy and holding a bottle of red. Do you remember I VERY nerly dumped the bike and stole your bottle of wine!!!!?

juan
    Free Member

A-hem ? ;-D

D’ooooh

Yes and clarey too she has a sexy accent on the top of it 😀

(Hope I don’t forget anyone)

FoxyChick
    Free Member

What about my sexy accent?????

Eh, eh?????? 😉

*stamps feet and flounces off*

ourmaninthenorth

Er, i ‘ve met binners and hora. Binners, much like himself on here, only met hora briefly, but seemed rather more normal than his online persona. His dog, bingo, OTOH, very much lived up to the (“shut that door”) hype.

Oh, and me and handsomedog (as was – not sure if he is or isn’t on here now) are in the same club, so see him around now and again.

mrsflash
    Free Member

lol clare I do indeed remember! 🙂

coffeeking
    Free Member

Crikey, its like the Juan’s Harem here!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Crikey, its like the Juan’s Harem here! – Well me and MrsFlash spent a night together when I was up north in a hotel*

Perhaps I should clarify that I was in the hotel with 4 bottles of Shiraz and MrsFlash was on the forum sharing the thread.

bionicwoman
    Free Member

yep juan is quite the ladies man!!

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, but he’s all mouth and no action.

And he’s a git.

Drac

From what I recall and the ones I know I’ve met all seemed ok.

MoreCashThanDash

Everyone I’ve met has been great.

Some famous comments before and after meeting for rides though:

[online] I’ve not ridden much in the last few months…[when we meet]…since I completed the Etape

[online] I don’t get out to ride much round here….[when we meet]…as I’m always in the Peaks/at trail centres

STW – the place to meet great likeminded people who will rip your legs off!

LOL!

Drac

Actually now I come to think of it without revealing details there was a few I met and I mean just a few who were complete and utter ****.

miketually
    Free Member

Actually now I come to think of it without revealing details there was a few I met and I mean just a few who were complete and utter ****.

I didn’t think we’d met 🙂

Drac

We probably have.

MrNutt
    Free Member

me? I wouldn’t put it past myself to land in that category! 😀

Drac

Nope pretty sure they don’t post on here any more.

Sandwich

Anyone got some Oust for all the raging hormones filling the place?

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘How much like their online persona have you found people to be?’ is closed to new replies.