Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How much is our car worth?
  • sambob
    Free Member

Audi A6 1.9TDi estate 1995, 288k miles. Good condition mechanically, interior is very good other than gearstick hood. Squeaks a bit at very low revs when maneuvering. How much is it worth?

1981miked
    Free Member

£500 I reckon. No market for them now the government has a car scrappage scheme ongoing for trade ins.

Pigface
    Free Member

12 months MOT always puts a couple of quid on it.

allthepies
    Free Member

Didn’t that scheme end in 2010 ?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8595597.stm

Or is this a new one ?

bigblackshed

Whatever someone is prepared to pay TBH. Not very helpful I know. 17 year old 2nd hand car with starship miles???????

hora
    Free Member

How much tax/test and when was the last belt change?

Im genuinely interested but if its clutch or gearbox is worn/went? It may become a scrapper sadly. Are these ok? Mind you such thinks cant be guaranteed!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

Think the scrap thing ended ages ago. I have a 2000 model of the same with 185k on the click and 12 month mot. We buy any car said 800 quid on their app… i was t selling, just curious… but its worth more to me than sold, I know what’s been wrong with it, the history so it’s worth more to keep than replace.

sambob
    Free Member

Clutch and gearbox both good. Tax £220, will check regarding timing belt and get back to you.

1981miked
    Free Member

I think there is a new one on the go just now..

I spotted it advertised at a local garage.. May just be unique to that garage mind u.

jota180
    Free Member

Parker’s reckon anywhere between £85 and £655

Drac

There is no current Government scrappage scheme.

All those miles and that old it’ll be sub £1k but maybe not by much depending on the condition, possible if you’re lucky a little over.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There is no current Government scrappage scheme.

I think you missed the point!
    Basically, it’s worth little more than scrap value.
    Personally I’d not pay over £300 for it with 6 months tax and test. It could literally go POP at any minute. Worth taking a chance on, certainly, but if I owned it, I wouldn’t bother even trying to sell it. I’d drive it into the ground, however long that took, and I certainly wouldn’t spend any money on it.

Drac

No I didn’t, the point made by 1981Miked is that he thinks there is a new one.

Edit: I some how misread the age though so I’ll be a miles out with the price. 😳

firestarter
    Free Member

What condition are the tyres in as they will probably cost more than the car when it comes to replace

allthepies
    Free Member

Certain manufacturers offer a “scrappage” scheme. It’s not a government scheme.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How much is our car worth?’ is closed to new replies.