Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Selling a snowboard – pricing?
  • HansRey

no idea of the price and I haven’t found any similar boards on ebay. Is it like bikes, where the price paid is typically halved and then 10% off per year of age?

It’s a 2012 K2 Slayblade, in 163W size. Waxed and edges ground at the end of last season.

stevomcd
    Free Member

Is it like bikes, where the price paid is typically halved and then 10% off per year of age?

Usually even more so. Second-hand boards depreciate pretty quickly, unless they’re new-old stock (or can be passed-off as such…).

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Depends on use ( a week or a season) , condition , binding rash etc. think the slayblade is fairly high end for advanced riders . It’s a few years old and not in that sweet spot of retro cool so I think it would go fairly cheap

HansRey

ok, thanks Stevo and HYD. I’ll get it on the classifieds later on

Shandy
    Free Member

It seems like you can get £70ish for complete scrap but struggle to get £150 for a baord thats a couple of seasons old in great condition. You might be better off keeping it as a rock board, particularly the way the snow has been this year.

I have the 166 they are a very nice board.

Mugboo

Really fashionable boards seem to do good money but everything else seems to go for buttons. For what I got for my old boards I wish I’d made things out of them.

HansRey

the snow has been terrible for the past three years over here in southern Finland. Most slopes have been built with snow cannons. It’s fine for as long as it stays under 0*C, but after a few warmer (and busier) days, there’s ice in abundance.

Still, snow is snow and I’m happy to get out onto the slopes 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Selling a snowboard – pricing?’ is closed to new replies.