Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How much is my car worth/best way to sell etc etc
  • vinnyeh

Can’t work out how to price my car, and best way to sell- I know I could eBay it, but not sure whether that really reflects it’s worth, just value on a given day…
    Although it’s a current shape Mondeo estate, 58 plate, it’s high mileage (170k), but company car, small (1.6 125hp) petrol engine, entry level spec, but with cruise, aircon sat nav. Nine months Mot, but three advisories that the (ford) dealer quotes at 2k to fix, and it’s pretty scruffy (mainly used for bike and kid transport).
    So how best to decide what it’s worth (WBAC says £1300, but they’ve not seen it…), I reckon at least £1500, but is that dreaming??

This is not a stealth ad, but I will of course accept indications of interest…….. 🙂

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

£1500 + haggle room, and put it on eBay as a classified.

If it doesn’t sell for a bit, then just drop the price.

br
    Free Member

ebay it for 99p, and you’ll find it’s limit

jambalaya
    Free Member

Research on autotrader

£1300 seems a bit high given what you’ve said about it (mileage, advisory, small engine, scruffy). As a minimum I would get it tidied up as best you can, 9 months MOT is pretty decent.

vinnyeh

Autotrader not really much help- cheapest new shape car on there was ~£1650 for a diesel hatch with north of 200k miles, and clutch/dmf problem. Otherwise they’re all over £2000.

I (rightly or wrongly) think 1000-1500 is throway money on a car, and am wondering that since it’s basically the current model, and seems to be pretty much indestructible that it might be worth a touch more than that.
    Only way to find out is to advertise, I suppose, trouble is, for some reason I don’t think that eBay auctions give the best money, but could well be wrong.

I really need Renton to give some advice….

trail_rat
    Free Member

its a popular car with an unpopular engine choice in a car that size.

with high miles and thus limited market.

What are the faults ? – ford dealers would quote 2k to change the oil if they thought they would get away with it…..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How much is my car worth/best way to sell etc etc’ is closed to new replies.