• This topic has 12 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by br.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • How much is a second hand On-One Ti29er worth?
  • willsimmons
    Free Member

As above, what do you think a good condition 5 week old frame would be worth?

Clink

Now there's a question! I presume you paid the reduced £799? I paid full whack for mine 12 months ago (1099) and I considered selling a month ago and was offered £400. Not worth selling for that (On-one didn't have my frame/size in so couldn't be had for 799).
    It's worth what someone's willing to pay for it; probably get more if On-one have none in stock 😀

nbt

not much really. give you a fiver ?

In all seriousness, it's a secondhand frame. It might be five weeks old, but it might as well be five months old to the buyer – it's been used, and warranty is usually only for the original puchaser.

Clink

…and why are you selling? Didn't you get on with it? Mine flies…….

ton

what size is it please.

willsimmons
    Free Member

I'm not selling, looking to buy one. I have been speaking to someone who is considering selling. FWIW I agree that the age does not make a difference with a Ti frame.

Was just wondering what the consensus was as I think it is a little expensive, but wasn't sure if my valuation was different to everyone else.

willsimmons
    Free Member

Frame is in stock at On-One

Clink

So how much are they selling for? I have to say I would recommend the frame. Mines the slot-dropout version but it's been run exclusively ss and rigid. I kept meaning to put sus forks on, but was having so much fun as it was. I thought the dropouts might be a faff, but have had no problems running one drive-side chaintug.

vinnyeh

I spoke to on one a couple of weeks back when I was considering selling mine (well, a ti456)- two points- firstly while there's no official warranty for 2nd users I've been told that they will be looked after- obviously not to the extent of original purchasers, but some help would be available.
    Secondly, a new shipment is due in earlyish next year- but will probably be more expensive, depending on the state of the pound. I reckon 5-600 would be a fair price, depending on availability of new stock- I asked 600 and got 5 inquiries, changed my mind about selling though, so don't know how low any offers would have been.
    FWIW, I was told there have been 6 ti456 frames broken. Didn't ask about 29er's though.

willsimmons
    Free Member

£525

bonzodog
    Free Member

£525 sounds a good buy. A nice round £500 sounds nicer though 😀

Rex
    Free Member

FWIW, I was told there have been 6 ti456 frames broken.

lummie. did they say any particular size / weld / tube was vulnerable?

br
    Free Member

I've seen a picture (on here) of a broken brake-side seat stay – did notice the 203mm disc, and that the new one's (like mine) have an extra tube now to 'strengthen' this area.

Or was it something else?

Also wonder how many they've sold?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘How much is a second hand On-One Ti29er worth?’ is closed to new replies.