Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • How much is a new power shower going to set me back?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Probably need to get one supplied and installed, as the Aqualisa unit that came with the house is making scary grinding noises and constantly dripping.

Been quoted £725 by our usual plumber to supply and fit a similar replacement, as he says it can’t be serviced back to health.

Is that the going rate?

It works off a hot water tank, not a combi boiler – if that is relevant.

Also, on a tangent – will the constant dripping for the last few months be bankrupting me? I’m on a water meter.

Del

think we paid about 680 for an aqualisa last year. should have thought it might be repairable, and about a ton to fit i think ( it was a new install ). maybe worth giving the manufacturer a shout. it’s probably just the pump at fault.

good point. wouldn’t expect you can afford to replace it now you’ve been throwing money down the drain. membership of the local leisure centre will sort you out for your bathing requirements until you’ve saved up to repair the shower 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

if you’re on a water meter I would say a power shower is a bad idea. What about just a standard feed off your combi boiler, if you have one? We’ve got a thermostatic valve shower with a hot and cold feed and it’s actually pretty powerful.

sharkbait
    Free Member

We changed our old hot water cylinder to a megflo unvented system. You effecively get mains pressure hot water throughout the house rather than relying on gravity. If you’ve got decent mains pressure/flow then this could be a solution.
    Our showers are now really good. Would cost a bit more, but there’s no need for extra electricity to run the showers or noise.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘How much is a new power shower going to set me back?’ is closed to new replies.