Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How much internet useage per month, help please?
  • squin
    Free Member

Thinking of changing my AOL braodband to Sky (inc TV etc), I must be one of the few to not have Sky yet.

I currently pay £15pm for unlimited useage, but have no idea how much we use per month. We use the net every day for a good few hours of browsing, often work from home but only sending emails and files etc. We have just started using iPlayer through the Wii, and don't download music or film.

Based upon the above, could we use more than 10GB per month?

The Sky package with 10MB is £23 per month, so only £8 more than I currently pay, but will it be enough as I don't fancy having to pay more for the Sky Unlimited broadband?

Also, any positive or negative experiences of Sky bb?

Thanks for help.

Stu.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

i got the sky unlimted and phone line. Pay £15 a month. Been really good, connected at 8mb. Also it is unlimited. Depends what you want to use it for. streming, downloading… or just internet browsing

porterclough
    Free Member

Can you not find out your usage through your ISP web portal?

I can do plenty of browsing, email, and my son does a fair amount of online gaming, and it comes to about 8GB per month. Downloading movies or even using iPlayer pushes that up quite quickly (up to 2 GB per movie). My ISP doesn't count bandwidth between midnight and 8am to my total, so I schedule any big downloads for after midnight.

roblerner
    Free Member

That's 1 weekend of being ill and sitting in bed watching BBC (HD) and 4oD.

😮

Edit: If you included the housemates, it's probably closer to 20Gb, just for 1 weekend. I'd say be wary of a 10Gb limit – that's only ~10 iplayer programs plus web browsing per month.

samuri
    Free Member

If you didn't use iplayer then no problem at all, it's that sort of stuff which pushes it through the roof. if it helps, I use pipex and they say something like 5G max, which I virtually always do more than because I torrent a lot of stuff. They seem to just let it go, I've never been charged extra.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How much internet useage per month, help please?’ is closed to new replies.