Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)
  • How much holiday entitlement do you get?
  • Ewan
    Free Member

30 + stats

Pieface

Too much than I can find any use for.

Over the last 10 years I’ve accrued something like 33 days a year? However I’ll be back into the real world in the new year when I have to find a new job.

miketually
    Free Member

I don’t get any holiday entitlement.

There are 200 days a year when I have to be on site. These are non-negotiable.

I then have to do whatever it takes on the other 165 days of the year (plus the evenings of the 200 days) to get the job done.

Pyro

28 total accrued at a rate of 4.5hrs/week.

Though that should go up in December.

GrahamS

Does anyone take Parental Leave?

If you have children under five then each parent can take a total of up to 13 weeks’ (unpaid) parental leave for each of your children up to their fifth birthday.

IanMunro
    Free Member

31 + stat + Christmas week.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

32 days + All public/bank holidays with the option to take TOIL instead of paid overtime if i want more, which I don’t.

wrightyson
    Free Member

I feel majorly short changed!! Time to rock the boat? 😯

flip
    Free Member

I’m self employed, no morgage, as much as i want 8)

Bunnyhop

None or,
    as many as I like (unpaid), self employed you see.

yossarian
    Free Member

Question for the self employed:

How much leave do you end up taking? I’ll be making the jump to self employment in about 18 months time, primarily to spend more time doing the stuff I really like. Do you find yourselves constantly working to build up a financial buffer and because if you rule yourself out of a particular job or contract you might not get something else later?

stevewhyte
    Free Member

A poxy 65 days + stat

Dibbs
    Free Member

I think I get 318.6 hours including bank holidays, but I haven’t checked for ages.

MostlyBalanced
    Free Member

I’m self employed (LBS) and have taken an average of 10 days + bank holidays for each of the last 7 years. I’m forever promising myself I’ll take more but in the summer I’m up to my eyeballs in work and in the winter when it’s quiet the weather’s rubbish so there’s not a lot of point closing the shop just to sit at home.

wisepranker
    Free Member

217.5 hours + 60 hours for Bank Holidays.

Due to working 12 hour shifts, I only work the equivalent of 15 days a month so if I use the annual leave right I can get some nice long runs of tie off work 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

A little bit over 210 days I think.

shortcut

32.5 days here!

Spud

Blimey, mine are really rather good. Currently 29 days, was 32 but NHS harmonisation but paid to that, goes up to 33 next year. Plus stats and flexi time (15 hrs/ month). I too struggle to take it.

uplink
    Free Member

little bit over 210 days I think

you’re still at school so it doesn’t count

druidh
    Free Member

None.

Retired 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

you’re still at school so it doesn’t count

Tell that to the teachers, some of them seem to do less then me.

tang
    Free Member

Self employed and take 18 weeks a year not working.

flip
    Free Member

How much leave do you end up taking?

Depends i suppose on your situation, mine is good, it’s rare i work a full week. Then in the winter i may not work at all till the spring.

If your overheads are big the pressures on, i personally wouldn’t be self employed in that situation, too much stress to chase work.

avdave2

I asked about holidays when I went for my interview for my job. I’m still waiting for an answer after 15 years. I’m also still waiting for my 3 month review.

GJP
    Free Member

26 days + bank holidays. Relatively flexible options to take unpaid leave for short or even longer periods or temporary part time working but all this is at the company’s discretion

ianpinder
    Free Member

31 days (5 bought at discount) plus stats, plus a few odd days off here and there when they shut site down. But as off Novemeber I’ve got 365 days off!

masonmarxx
    Free Member

20 days + bank holidays. no sick pay.

plus one here!

Northwind

25 days + stats + 9 seemingly-random “office closed” days as free extras. Seems alright, I was on less even with 10 years service in the last place.

TheBrick
    Free Member

20 days + stats but 7 of those 20 are forced to be taken over Christmas, which is annoying as it means only 13 days are a free choice.

Wookster

27 plus stat more wanted though, company not keen on selling us leave, or buying unused back.

thegreatape
    Free Member

27 + BH’s + 2 extra this year because a bald man married a fit bird.

creamegg
    Free Member

12 weeks a year, no stats tho

sadmadalan

28 + stats + I buy an additional 7 days off the company (in effect unpaid leave)

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

As much as I like.

It’s all unpaid though.

Bunnyhop

Yes the question of holidays all depends on work load. I once worked 2 and half years without a day off, which was when I was getting my business off the ground.

In my working life I’ve only had an average of 2 weeks holiday per year. However, I’m part time now, so get to ride bikes during the week.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

30 + 5 ph

seosamh77
    Free Member

was 20 days(I choose) + monday bank holidays + 3 or 4 days over christmas to fill in the gaps in the 4 bank holidays(usually off something like the 23rd till the 5th Jan depending when christmas is).

I’m here 5 years next year so next year so my holidays go up:

25 days(I choose) + monday bank holidays + 3 or 4 days over christmas(+4 BH’s)

But, it’s a 4 day week for the forseeable(I’m off wednesdays) so holidays go pro rata.

so next year:

20 days(I choose) + monday bank holidays(-20%) + 3 or 4 days over christmas(+4 BH’s) + wednesdays off.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’m self employed too, worked the 1st 6 mths of year without a day off then had the whole of June, July and Aug off riding my bike etc. now embarking on another 2 month workathon to have Jan and Feb off….

Junkyard
    Free Member

30 + BH + a week unpaid

Viewing 39 posts - 41 through 79 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘How much holiday entitlement do you get?’ is closed to new replies.