Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • how much fun is a hard tail
  • ef52
    Free Member
    Scapegoat

No worky

heavy_rat
    Free Member

Linky no worky

ef52
    Free Member

sorry folks ,can’t get my head round it !!!!

heavy_rat
    Free Member
    cdoc
    Free Member

Looks fun, btw.

ef52
    Free Member

Thanks for that !

dannyh
    Free Member

Lots. Lots of fun.

Euro
    Free Member

PiknMix
    Free Member

Yup lots of fun, but not dannyh’s cos he has a rubbish frame 😉

ef52
    Free Member

I bought the xtc about 5-6 years ago and had great fun on it ,then last year bought a FS ,lovely bike ! so the xtc was left collecting dust .Then last week gave it a good service then went for a ride round my local trail …loved it !!! its so twitchy ,i finished the ride with a big grin on my face ,and a rekindled love for her !………Or is it just me ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

yes it is just you

I would never dream of going years without riding my hardtail 😉

Euro
    Free Member

but not dannyh’s cos he has a rubbish frame

That’s out of order, big time style. No man should make fun of another’s bike. Not even on the inter-ma-net. (tell him you were only joking!)

Danny, he was only joking.

dannyh
    Free Member

Yup lots of fun, but not dannyh’s cos he has a rubbish frame

You really know how to hurt a guy. I’ve been called all-sorts on here, but that has really hit below the belt. 😉

Oh, the trauma.

cdoc
    Free Member

Not just you! I found a crack in my full suss so went for a second hand Cotic Bfe (Thanks to samjgeorge86 for a great deal). Love it! No plans for full bounce in the near future!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Deal with it hot smoked paprika boy 😉

F’ing love my hardtail.

dannyh
    Free Member

I do like a bit of the old paprika, mind. I’ve actually taken to dobbing some cheap red car paint onto the dinks and knocks, but it is not quite the right red (a fair bit brighter). In a couple of years it will look like some kind of Dali mural.

I forgot you were a man who likes it raw.

😳

ef52
    Free Member

Can i see some of your hard tails ? I’m toying with the idea of buying Giants 2014 xtc 27.5 , do you think its worth it ?

PiknMix
    Free Member

Raw and wok’y, that’s my style.

dannyh
    Free Member

Anyway Monsieur Pik et Mix, I think you are relatively local to me. Do you fancy our regular Wednesday night bike rides? Always good to meet new people.

All you need to do is pitch up, contribute some innuendo and at least one random mechanical in your first couple of rides, and like a pint.

tomhoward

Can i see some of your hard tails ?

You need a whole different kind of website for that, petal.

I can’t think of anything better than riding with a hard tail. Much more preferable than with a soft tail. Not to mention less embarrassing.

darrenspink
    Free Member

I have a 2007 xtc frame which is scratched to hell but this means I have shit loads of fun on it without worrying about further scratching the little darling, feels like im a kid again sometimes. If I had a 4k bike (which would be nice btw) im sure I would constantly fret about the smallest of marks.

garage-dweller

Hardtails are ace especially pink ones.

Rigid bikes are more hardcore.

FS bikes are also awesome.

Basically bikes are amazing 8)

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Wheelies and skids are better than on a FS, singletrack is more fun, climbing is easier, cheaper to buy and maintain, but you’ll be a little bit slower on reeeaaalllly tech stuff (think that’s about the only downside as far as I can tell)!

racefaceec90

it makes you feel like this 😀

grum
    Free Member

Hardtails are fun but not steep head-angled twitchy XC hardtails (unless where you ride is lame I suppose). 😛

PiknMix
    Free Member

Anyway Monsieur Pik et Mix, I think you are relatively local to me. Do you fancy our regular Wednesday night bike rides? Always good to meet new people.
    All you need to do is pitch up, contribute some innuendo and at least one random mechanical in your first couple of rides, and like a pint.

I have been following that thread with interest. I will come out one night it’s just finding the time. I do all my riding either stupidly early (4am) or stupidly late (11pm) but I will be out for a ride with you guys soon.
    Innuendo, random mechanicals and pints all very much part of my repertoire 😉

rickmeister

You can’t beat a good stiff Tranny … *
    (now with tidy cables an all that schnizzle)

* I don’t usually go for double entendres, but I do like to slip one in every now and then…

samjgeorge86
    Free Member

I looooooooooved my hardtail (cdoc now has it).
    Even with a really really over kill build, (160 fork just too much).

I really want another now. But can’t justify the n+1 bike ownership theory. My bank balance will never thank me for it.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

tempted to swap my On-One 45650b frame for the new Orange Crush – would i get away with a 160mm fork on it??

Trekster

Rather tatty 4yr old Blue Pig

Northwind

I love my hardtail. It’s not as good as my full suss, but sometimes less good is better 😉

[url=https://flic.kr/p/dLjCA7]IMG_1653[/url] by Northwindlowlander, on Flickr

D0NK

You can’t beat a good stiff Tranny

that needs the gears removing….
    and the decals
    and the red bits
    all black stealth uber lightweight SS – mmmmm.

Dumped my HT for a(nother) FS. Wheelies and hops are easier on HT everything else is better FS.
    Might build the HT back up now I appear to have a load of spare parts, I’ll see…

But hey, fs or ht, it’s all good.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I’ve recently rebuilt my Orange Pure 7 (with help from Binners of this parish) and I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

It’s got 26″ wheels, a straight steerer, a triple chainset, it’s not made of aluminium or carbon and I wouldn’t swap it for anything right now.

slackalice
    Free Member

This, according to current trends, is all wrong, yet it is so very right 8)

Just converted from SS to 1×9 and its a bloody missile! 😀 Its most definitely my go to bike at the mo and have just also removed the spacers to give it 100mm at the front, which has, IMHO, made it much betterer for me. Skinny steel HT’s rule 8)

binners

Just for PJM. here’s his bikes karmic internet twin, it is in all its glory….

Probably the best bike I’ve ever owned, for just having a laugh on. The full suss gets constantly overlooked in favour of the P7, 90% of the time 😀

ef52
    Free Member

cdoc
    Free Member

Go on, then.

Not as pretty as some of the others, maybe..

tenfoot

My XTC3.

almightydutch
    Free Member

I asked for Frame recommendations the other day just for this purpose…its making more and more sense everyday.

Just gotta find the right frame.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 84 total)

The topic ‘how much fun is a hard tail’ is closed to new replies.