Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • How much for St John's Ambulance?
  • SpokesCycles
    Free Member

I’m putting on a race in February and obviously need first aid support. We’d like St John’s Ambulance to do it, but I was wondering what sort of money I should donate to them for their support for a full day of racing?

The amount of money the event will bring in is a bit of an unknown so I don’t know how much would be available but if I have ar ough idea I can factor it into the event price.

wwaswas

You may find they have ‘suggested’ levels of donation based on event size and numbers of people they send?

hels
    Free Member

What kind of event ? St Johns/St Andrews etc tend to be more carpark based IME e.g. not set up to get people off the hill. Have you tried the local Mountain Rescue ? Ours are excellent and are well set up for this kind of thing, and they do suggest an appropriate donation.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

It’s an XC race. Didn’t realise MR would do this sort of thing.

It’s in Blairadam forest which has decent access roads and is fairly flat but if MR will do it then they’re the obvious choice.

SpokesCycles
    Free Member

Hels- out of interest, what sort of recommended donations do you have the events like the mountain time trials?

hels
    Free Member

Hmm email me and will dig out numbers when I get home – info@innerleithenmtbracing.com

From memory we gave Tweed Valley Mountain Rescue £150 for covering the Mini DH for us last year they had two Doctors and an offroader which was perfecto. 80 odd riders, short course and all aged 10-16.

The TTs I usually get a friendly local doctor and FA trained marshalls, make a donation to the Bike Patrol. Don’t need too be as full on for XC, do a good risk assessment and take advice from BC Guidelines and Commissaires.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘How much for St John's Ambulance?’ is closed to new replies.