Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How much for my road bike?
  • deluded
    Free Member

I wish to sell my road bike and have a figure in mind but would welcome views as to how much the STW hive-mind think it’s worth.

Specialized Tarmac Expert 2006.
    Size 54cm

FRAME – FACT 6r carbon, triple monocoque construction, compact race geometry, Zertz seatstay inserts

BRAKES – Shimano Ultegra

BRAKE LEVERS – Shimano Ultegra, 10-speed, STI, flight deck compatible, with brake lever extensions

FRONT DERAILLEUR -Shimano Ultegra, 31.8mm clamp, bottom pull

REAR DERAILLEUR – Shimano Ultegra, short cage

SHIFT LEVERS- Shimano Ultegra, 10-speed, STI, flight deck compatible

CASSETTE – Shimano Ultegra, 12-25t

CRANKSET – Shimano Ultegra, double crankset, Hollowtech II 2-piece design

I purchased this bike for £2000 in 2006. I never got into road cycling and have been out on it about 20 times. It’s IMMACULATE apart from some minor scuff marks to the crank arm and has been in my garage collecting dust. I need the money to fund a Nicolai/Ibis FS project!

Cheers.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

£750-ish?

Tiger6791

Think you’ve got a bit of bind weed happening there.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I would imagine around £600. The Ultegra group is the old 10 speed so although it will work fine it won’t be worth a huge amount.

psychle
    Free Member

’tis a lovely bike though… If I was in the market, I’d be trying to get it for around £600ish, so if I was selling, I’d probably start optimistically at around £700ish to allow for haggling…

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Is that stem OE, pointing to the sky like that??

Oh, FWIW £6-700 sounds reasonable

deluded
    Free Member

The stem (is the one supplied) on an eccentric shim for a more comfortable riding position.

Thanks so far for the valuations but I wouldn’t be letting it go for anywhere near £600!

Looks like I’ll be taking up road riding after all.

jamesb
    Free Member

Dont reckon youd get more than £800, 🙁 although clean and immaculate it is 4 years old so dated ! Newer groupsets and frame technology will detract from its value now; if you think this is an underestimate consider than some large dealers will sell of last years unused bikes at 30+% off, ie if this was just 1 year old and unused you`d get about £1400, with full guarantee of course

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How much for my road bike?’ is closed to new replies.