Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • How much for headset installation (Surbiton, Surrey)
  • jimm
    Free Member

After spending an hour trying to get a Works Components angle headset into my Intense frame I’ve given up and think I’m going to have to resort to sending it to the shop. Installed headsets before but the cups were too tight a fit to get them started by hand and when I used the press they were at such an angle that I didn’t want to to go any further in case they didn’t straighten.

Always done my own repairs/servicing to date so no idea what the going rates are, so how much should I expect to pay for a headset installation. Also can anyone recommend a shop in or around Surbiton in Surrey to do the instal.

Thanks

Jim

bencooper
    Free Member

Sounds like the head tube needs reaming and facing – I charge £25. But I’m nowhere near Surbiton 😉

Ladders
    Free Member

You could try the Specilized Concept store. Not had any work done there but would have thought they be fine for doing that kind of work. The Evans fitted me a bottom bracket once, but that was on my TT bike , but did it straight away.

Cyclepedia on the way to Tolworth seem to deal with MTB’s, but again I’ve never used them.

porlus
    Free Member

Tried fitting mine the other day with a g clamp. Wasn’t working very well. Invested in a headset press for 35 quid. Cups went in so easy it was like a revelation. Local Evans charge. £18.50 to fit a headset. Money for old rope tbh.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Spesh concept store is excellent. Good work, reasonable prices. Had loads done there.

Ladders
    Free Member

Actually, totally forgot about my friends business B-spoke Bikes

He’s an independent based in Teddington. About the only guy I’d trust with my own bike, ex Motorsport mechanic and genuine nice guy.

You can contact him @

chris@b-spokebikesDOTcoDOTuk (replace the dots!!)

professor_fate
    Free Member

Here
    Intense dealers in Colliers Wood, should sort you out

LenHankie

Cycleopedia on the Ewell Road in Surbiton. About £15 or so?

I’ve never had a headset done there, but they did a very good job of a wheel build for me and seem to know their stuff.

There’s also Surbiton Cycles now on St Mark’s Hill near the station. I assume they have a workshop too.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘How much for headset installation (Surbiton, Surrey)’ is closed to new replies.