Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • How much for a "Nearly New" frame?
  • Eddiethegent

I’ve been after a new road frame to celebrate my upcoming 40th and I want a top-end carbon race bike while I can still fool myself that I’m just as fit and virile as I was 15 years ago.

I also want something a bit different to the usual Cervelos and came across Argon 18, specifically the Gallium Pro.

While it would be nice to buy new, at £2099 for the frame alone it’s a big investment, so I found this on ebay:

He’s described it at new-other, but it’s clearly been built up even though the steerer appears uncut. Another consideration is the warranty, Argon 18 offer a three year warranty – but only to the original owner.

I’ve asked the guy what’s the minimum offer he would accept and he’s after £1675 – 20% off retail. I’m now trying to decide if this a good deal or not.

I’d jump at a 20% discount if it was genuinely new from a shop with a warranty but as it has none of those attributes I was thinking more along the lines of 40% off and offering £1250.

What do you gents reckon: Reasonable offer or taking the mick?

orangeboy
    Free Member

To me his price seems a little optimistic.
    Nearly new is still secondhand

neilwheel
    Free Member

I think your offer is fair, not sure the owner will feel the same though.

superstu
    Free Member

I think you are being sensible. stick to your guns, 20% isn’t enough for me.

batman11
    Free Member

Of I was in your position and wanted the above, and assuming your friendly with your local store I’d go to them.
    see if they can get near or match the 20% he’s offering. Win win you get a new frame local with warranty and your lbs should get a few quid in the bank. Even if not a stockist it’s worth them seeing if they can get one as a one off for a loyal customer etc
    A quick seach shows I-ride are the distributer
    Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘How much for a "Nearly New" frame?’ is closed to new replies.