Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • How much for a chain!!!
  • oldnpastit

It’s lubricated with snake oil.

wwaswas

£135

#savedyouaclick

palmer77
    Free Member

Nanotube Optimised Chain
    New and exclusive to muc-off.com, you now have access to the fastest chain in the world – whatever the weather!
    We are offering a personal service where you can purchase a Shimano, Campagnolo or SRAM chain, hand treated with a unique Speed Film Lubrication; Nanotube Optimised Chain. The treated chain can be put straight onto your bike and be ridden at an optimum level immediately.
    Key Features:
    – All weather lubricant
    – Contains Nanotube additives
    – Ride up to 400 miles
    – Experience power savings up to 6 watts
    – Perfect for track, triathlon, road, and mountain biking
    – Top-up bottle available

This Speed Film Lubrication was developed specifically for Bradley Wiggins’ Hour Record and uses the world’s most advanced additives to give you unrivalled friction reducing technology!
    Find out more and buy your personalised chain here.

palmer77
    Free Member

£140 for Campy ones!!!

rOcKeTdOg

i need those extra 6 watts!

dustytrails

Lasts for 400 miles-ish that’s working out at 34p per mile!! £135 /400 miles phew!

wwaswas

All is not lost;

Top-up bottle available

kayla1
    Free Member

When nanotube-treated chains meet Peak District grit, who wins?

Meh.

dustytrails

To put it into perspective…ride for 15 miles and that’s over £5 so well over cost of a cuppa and slice of cake….45 miles £15!!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member
    oldejeans
    Free Member

anyone hazard a guess at what the magic stuff is? Kashima = molybdenum disulphide isn’t it? I’ve seen a paper on MoS2 nanotubes…….

rOcKeTdOg

Lasts for 400 miles-ish

so only a couple of short rides then?
    8)

matt_outandabout
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Lasts for 400 miles-ish that’s working out at 34p per mile!!

which can put an interesting spin on it. Getting every last micro-watt out of your blinged-out super pimped TT/track bike doing something that brings you joy, physical fitness and good mental health has the same running costs as the average car?

Shut up and take my money 😉

Mackem

3 weeks too early surely?

wwaswas

400 miles is 40 10 mile TT’s though and 6 watts is a significant gain in time so on a £/sec basis it may not be too bad?

medoramas
    Free Member

That explains why I am so bloody slow! It’s all the XT chain’s fault!

nedrapier

whatever the weather

Why would a lubricant designed specifically to be used indoors for an hour be any good for longer rides crappy weather?

gilesmartin81

I use his stuff, and they have a pre lubed chain for a much more reasonable price, if you need that sort of thing.

Squirt Lube & Cleaning – First Look

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Bargain.

Seriously, what else are you going to spend money on a track bike that’ll make you 6W faster?

Continental tubs, mid-range bargain at £120/pair
    http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=2030
    Dugast latex tubs, bit more spendy, £140/pair
    http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=2466
    Soyo seamless tubs, well Sir wouldn’t want to come second would he?
    http://www.velodromeshop.net/index.php?p=product&id=2438
    £300/pair!

And it get’s better, the Soyo is the ONLY tire with an NJS stamp for use in Japanese Keirin events! So yes, people do buy them!

cookeaa

So if I took a regular chain, smothered it in some of these extra greasy “Nando’s tubes”

I could be 6W more efficient?
    Sign me up!

Any other meat based lubrication I should consider?

shermer75
    Free Member

cannondaleking
    Free Member

I fitted a ceramicspeed jockey set yesterday for a customer and his dura ace rear mech looked like a cheap arse tourney mech as soon as it was fitted.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

yeah, you can have the 8spd Altus off my Voodoo Wazoo for only £300…

Northwind

I’m concerned that if I fit this fast chain to my slow bike it’ll tear off and fly away

mr_stru
    samunkim
    Free Member

Joking apart, if you had trained all year for a Kona qualifier Iron-man, this would be money well spent, even if just for the placebo

jamj1974

^^ you know that’s a pisstake Nikk?

richmars

If it’s the one that was on the TV, the power savings is backed up by measurements, so it’s a better way to spend your money then most of the snake oil rubbish most bikers buy.

Davesport

There are i?d?i?o?t?s? clever people buying these somewhere. Fair play to MucOff for locating them.

nikk
    Free Member

What, you don’t fully disassemble and lube your chain after each ride? How are you going to eek out extra watts then? You need different grease on the rollers compared to the pins for best efficiency, every noob knows that.

Pfffff.

mrblobby
    Free Member

6 watts compared to what though? Don’t think it states. Same with the Ceramic Speed UFO chain. I’d like to see the test data and the reference and how it compares with, say a decent run in chain with squirt or speedwax.

gypsumfantastic
    Free Member

Coming soon, new and improved, Muc Off ‘Magic Beans’ simlar to beans the Sky team may have once looked at*.

Only £199.99

*Sky bean glancing may not have actually happened.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘How much for a chain!!!’ is closed to new replies.