Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • How much for a 5-6ft X-Mas tree?
  • bentandbroken

What’s a reasonable price these days? Normal tree (it has to be real otherwise it does not smell right apparently)

I normally just go to the Forestry Commision shop or local garden centre, but the last few years have seemed very pricey so I was thinking of following one of those ‘dodgy looking’ signs that you see on the roadside.

What price (and maybe ‘where are you?’ in case it is another geographical price differential issue)?

Just trying to get a feel for the price/value

TIA

shuhockey
    Free Member

costco £40 for a 2.1m-2.4m none drop tree. Three years in a row now and not had a bad one.
    Ecclesall Saw mill was £70, for a smaller one!

Gribs

It’s about £5 a foot round here.

Paulio
    Free Member

£35 for a 5-footer and £45 for a 6-footer in the Vale of Glamorgan, getting ours this weekend. I think that’s about what I paid last year too but I might try and find a Costco!

qtip

Ours was £40 for a 5′ one with stand, from a bloke on the side of the street. It was outside a shop and semi-official looking. It’s one of the ones that doesn’t drop too many pine needles and it’s a nice bushy little fella!

razorrazoo

£35 for about that at Homebase for a Nordman Fir. Had 15% off last week, mines outside in a bucket of water ready for the weekend.

ebygomm
    Free Member

Ikea sell Christmas trees for £25 including a £20 ikea gift voucher.

Years previous to that Homebase have started giving trees away on the 22nd December

I_Ache
    Free Member

Ours is about 7’6″-8′ tall and about 5’6″ wide, nice and bushy and a lovely shape. Cost £40.

We are in Sutton Coldfield. Got it from a local farm shop place.

brakes
    Free Member

I expect it will be about 10% more expensive than last year so about £45 for a 5 footer.
    you’d think that competition (every shop seems to have a guy outside selling trees) would drive the prices down a bit.
    bah bumhug.

wrightyson
    Free Member

6′ for about 12 quid, you have to bring your own saw tho, take it to the man he wraps it up and off you go. you dont get fresher!! Derbyshire ftw!

Kato

£25 for a 6ft in Homebase

jools182
    Free Member

wrightyson

where in Derbyshire is that?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Can I trust you jools not to flood the place with all ya mates after a cheap tree?
    It’s in cromford.

jools182
    Free Member

I don’t have any mates

coolhandluke
    Free Member

£200 for a very real looking fake tree with the lights on already!

From a dead posh garden centre.

We bought spruce sticks to make the place smell of real tree too!

bruneep

£25 in Aberdeen from forestry commission at tyrebagger

wrightyson
    Free Member

Kids absolutely love literally choosing their own tree, and the adults take it far too seriously getting dibs in on the better looking ones first. It’ll be tea and cake at chez Wrighty before hand then this year its 8 adults and six kids vying for best tree bragging rights. It is amusing however trying to refind the one you found half an hour earlier!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Just paid £30 for a 6′ non-drip version not from a garden centre – nice shape and am pleased. Local garden centre type place would be charging £50 for the same.

About 12 years ago wife and I went up to friends of the inlaws to pick and cut our own tree. It was snowing and everything – t’was lovely.

Legoman
    Free Member

£7 per foot last year – Hertfordshire, everything’s bloody expensive.
    Hoping it hasn’t gone up this year!

matt_outandabout

I once more managed some community forestry by carting away the top 6′, already cut off, a fallen tree that was blocking a path. So free.

tinribz
    Free Member

£1 at B&Q if you wait long enough 🙂

restless
    Free Member

£33 for 8ft with a bucket.
    I am in Nottingham, got it from an independent seller who pops up every year 🙂

matthewjb
    Free Member

I got mine from Ikea. £5 for one thats about 6ft.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘How much for a 5-6ft X-Mas tree?’ is closed to new replies.