Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • How much flex do you have, Giant Reign or Trance?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hiya Chaps,

Do 2015+ Reign or Trance owners have visible flex in their upper rocker mount for the rear shock?

I can get a generous amount of flex by pressing on the rear wheel, and not sure whether it’s worn bearings already – when it really shouldn’t be, or there’s just lateral flex in the design.

Cheers chaps

Ricks

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll give it a go later and report back.

You’re not having much luck with yours are you?

rickon
    Free Member

Lol. Nah, it’s all good really 🙂

Shock needed a quick fix by Jtec, thought the fork was creaking until I stripped it off and discovered the poorly sealed headset, and scrub and regrease sorted that all out.

I’m assuming it’s just the poor winter we’ve had!

If it’s not normal flex, I’ll give the linkage a strip down and repack the bearings with quality grease.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Just given my Trance a wee wobble – no flex as far as I can tell.

RickDraper
    Free Member

It’s saying “buy my Lyrik”

chakaping
    Free Member

Can’t make my Reign flex at all.

Have you noticed it getting more vague feeling on the trail too?

rickon
    Free Member

Pants. Right then, quick strip down tonight then!

Rick – would have been if I didn’t discover filth where there should have been fresh grease in my headset!

joat

Compare it to my 11 year old Trance, it’ll appear stiffer than a virgin in a brothel.

rickon
    Free Member

Well, this is apparently a 3 month old bearing – that’s probably had about 20 rides, all the grease has been replaced by grit:

And here’s another, which appears to have no had any grease at all:

I’ve cleaned them all out, and repacked with proper quality grease, but there’s still grit in the bearings so they’re crunchy. Any tips for getting them properly clean – or just get another set?

deviant
    Free Member

No flex in mine.

It’s laborious but you could prize out all the bearings, use swarfega to clean them all, repack with marine grease and then your’re good to go….let us know in about 6 hours time when you’re still on your first bearing!

tall_martin

I would press out the bearings, remove the seals, scrub them in a tub of paraffin repeating with successively cleaner paraffin.

Or buy some new bearings off ebay.

rickon
    Free Member

EnduroMax bearings ordered. Booked into LBS. Can’t be arsed to faff with them myself.

Cleaned them up and repacked, lots of play gone for now, so should be fine for the weekend.

Cheers chaps

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘How much flex do you have, Giant Reign or Trance?’ is closed to new replies.