Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • How much faster is your XC bike ?
  • amedias
    Free Member

How was the Scalpel at Soggy then OP?

steve_b77
    Free Member

but I reckon I would’ve gained enough time on the tech descents to just about make up for the extra half a stone uphill.

Not a hope in hell, all the time is made up climbing, then traversing then descending, with diminishing returns in each section.

kerley
    Free Member

My fastest uphill XC times are on a fixed gear bike on 23c tyres.

Don’t ask me about any technical downhill sections though as I woudl probably get passed by a 4 year old on a balance bike

clanton
    Free Member

I did a 60k Surrey Hills loop yesterday on my new 29er Hardtail, same route as I rode on my Cotic Soul with lightweight wheels and tyres 2 weeks ago, and fairly similar conditions – grim, muddy, slow.

I knocked 40 minutes off my time. Set a PB on Barry Knows Best and a few other descents as well as most climbs.

Admittedly I rode very hard yesterday – but I also rode very hard 2 weeks ago.

By comparison – on my CX bike in dry conditions my moving time for that loop was very similar to the 29er, though obviously there I made the time on the climbs and linking road sections.

Astounded at the difference.

wheely
    Free Member

Scalpel was amazing at Soggy yesterday. Last month I did it on my Trigger at got an 11th place in Grand Vet. On my Scalpel yesterday I got a 4th and less than a minute behind 3rd. That is with 4 minor fall offs and stopping to put chain back on.

I also ride with flats and a camel-pack. Lol. >> be great to hit the podium under those criteria 😉

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘How much faster is your XC bike ?’ is closed to new replies.