Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • How much EU funding is in BPW, Afan etc ?
  • burko73

jambalaya

did I see you in Roydon woods nr lymington a few weeks ago? I had just crossed the bridge on my cotic escapade and I stopped to let you past at the end of the bridge on a smart blue soul..?

kimbers

The notion that our government would step in and fund trails the way the EU have is a joke.

The left behind regions that voted Brexit, having sucked up VL and the right wing press’ anti immigrant hate speech are the victims of the last 30 years of right wing governments. Government stuffed with those who have benefited from the free market and free movement utopia the most, no wonder we’ve seen this protest vote now after 5 years of austerity, food banks are a matter of daily life, in the 5th richest country in the world?

They are a symbol of why the government aren’t in the business of pumping funds into the provinces, not for the workers at BPW, the fuct over in Cornwall or us audi driving mtbers.

The campaign was based on a tissue of lies, headed by Johnson, Gove, IDS, backed by Murdoch and Dacre and feeding off a Godwin violating egomaniac demagogue.
    That alone should be enough to tell anyone that Brexit isn’t about helping the marginalised poor who’s votes they’ve hijacked

ChrisL

I have the impression that the recent trail development at CyB is also EU funded, or has received EU funds to some extent. Somebody told me that was one of the reasons that the Welsh trail centres were being refreshed more than the 7 Stanes in Scotland – Wales was still qualifying for regional development/hardship EU funds while the Borders/Dumfries & Galloway were not.

dragon
    Free Member

The working class of Wales just hate anyone who isn’t local, well that’s my experience anyway. I remember going into a machine shop in Port Talbot and being straight up told to **** off because I wasnt from there. I pointed out I was Welsh and from Cardiff and was told it made no difference. So it is no surprise they voted out IMO.

On the government jobs to Wales it isn’t completely true they did nothing, the DVLA, ONS, Patent Office and the semiconductor factory which was until recently International Rectifier were all moved or set up in Wales to provide employment. If anything I think EU money has allowed Westminster to be lazy and ignore the regions. If they continue following Brexit then the incumbent deserves to get booted out whatever shade of colour party they are

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Sitting here in Oz with a GE on Saturday reminds me why governments don’t fund where it’s needed. Funding and attention goes to the places that can deliver you a government. A running joke is one constituency that has been promised so many new stadiums they will run out of sport to play in them 😉
    Areas that will always return Labour don’t matter.
    The EU Grants allowed people to big and apply based on need,what a clever idea – one I doubt exists in the heads of VL.

mattherby
    Free Member

@Dragon. A massive generalisation saying anyone for Port Talbot hate anyone who isn’t local. You may have come across one idiot but I’m sure there are idiots like that from all over the uk. Maybe even from all over the globe?

I’m a ‘working class’ person from Port Talbot and I certainly wouldn’t say that to anyone.

And we all didn’t vote out by the way.

Paceman
    Free Member

^^ Well said Mathherby ^^ 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘How much EU funding is in BPW, Afan etc ?’ is closed to new replies.