Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • How much does your window cleaner charge?
  • sharkbait
    Free Member

Just wondering really. Ours charges £20 every 6 weeks for 24 windows and 3 set of patio doors. I’ve no idea if that’s good or bad.

cp

Used to be a tenner for 5 windows of a small terrace house. Seemingly once a month. We got rid and I do it myself.

bri-72

£12 a month for 15 Windows 4 door

MoreCashThanDash

£4 for 8 windows and 1 set of patio doors. He comes whenever he can be bothered. One of the village characters is Jim. And an award winning photographer.

And how big are your mansions? 24 windows!?!?

sharkbait
    Free Member

24 windows!?!?

I live in a greenhouse 😉

legend
    Free Member

ooohhhh I like the stealth “my house is bigger than your house” thread!

nickc

nothing, landlord pays

Stoner
    Free Member

£55 per quarter. Husband and wife, lovely people, are here for about 2 hrs. So around £13ph each.

but there’s a lot to do.

there are two of these 12′ square windows, and he does inside and out.

sharkbait
    Free Member

legend: it’s just got a lot of windows for some reason!

teasel
    Free Member

A short story…

My brother was once a window cleaner – self employed, own round cleaning some pretty posh places (like Stoner’s pad up there) etc. Turns out he was quite good at it and managed a fairly busy schedule which he eventually jacked in to be an electrician. He sold his round to a local lad looking to get into the business but retained one house because of how much it paid (something he never shared with me) – it was Ozzy’s house on Welders Lane.

I don’t how much he charges for the job – it has a lot of windows – but he continued to do so even when he moved out of the area, travelling from Liphook just to complete the job. Must have been some big wedge for that to happen.

perchypanther
    Free Member

ooohhhh I like the stealth “my house is bigger than your house” thread!

It’s never actually occured to me to count my windows before…..
    24 – No patio doors though. They’re soooo 80’s.

freeagent
    Free Member

No idea – the wife deals with him.
    However the neighbours have reported he always looks happy when he leaves the house so must be agreeable to both parties. 😆

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

8 windows and a conservatory, seems tiny for a 4 bed house, but hten they are big windows. £17 as and when he turns up (6 weeks in summer, rarely over winter)

CaptJon
    Free Member

£5 for 8 windows (or 10 if you include the part of the bay window separately), every 4-6 weeks.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I don’t charge the wife enough. Loads of windows, velux and conservatory………….. 🙄

mudshark
    Free Member

Does everyone clean windows? Never felt the urge to do mine.

P-Jay
    Free Member

3 windows and the front door – £3.50 – he even takes Paypal because I’m never home to pay him, bargain!

He uses a brush/hose on a stick thing, takes him about 90 seconds.

twonks

3 storey new build thing with 12 windows including a bit of a trek to get round the back.

Uses a hose with handle extension and his own water (no sniggering at the back).

£10 once every 2 months.

fasthaggis

I have no idea,it was written in to our Butler’s job description.

the-muffin-man

No idea – the wife always deals with the window cleaner.

ads678

8 normal Windows, 2 bay’s and a patio door. £5 every 4 weeks.

Junkyard
    Free Member

I do the downstairs one as easy to reach but I really dont require a gleaming view of a row of terraces opposite.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

We had a ‘man with a ladder’ do ours for a while when we first moved in as he did most of the street. Think it was a fiver front and back. he jacked it on a couple of years ago.

The proper window cleaner was fairly upfront about costs – he paid insurance to cover accidents, injuries to his workers etc. (and presumably VAT…) so was always going to be more expensive. He charges £7 for the front, £17 front and back (does them alternate visits) if I remember, and usefully accepts paypal.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

dooosuk
    Free Member

£8.50 for a terraced house in Manchester. He cleans them once a month as they won’t deal with any longer periods.

jonnyrobertson

Our fella charges seven quid. He does the seven windows/doors as well as all the glass on the sun room at the back. He’s an old boy well into his seventies and does it the old way, getting himself up a ladder to do the upstairs windows. Thing is, he can’t do two of the upstairs back windows because of the decking and my missus wants shot of him because of this.
    Thing is, we always have a good chat when he comes round, plus he’s obviously only doing this because he has no bloomin’ pension to speak of, I can’t be so gittish as to get rid of him.

dooosuk
    Free Member

hing is, he can’t do two of the upstairs back windows because of the decking and my missus wants shot of him because of this.

Buy the missus a long pole for Valentines so she can clean those two herself 🙂

tang
    Free Member

28 windows, And five of them are floor to ceiling. £20, plus we always do tea and xmas beer money.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Hold on a second

Sunny Brentwood, not a bad sized 4 bed detached…. £10

As opposed to … (no disrespect brother) …. mid terrace Manc … £8.50

Does my wife leave the back doors open ?

dooosuk
    Free Member

Hold on a second

Sunny Brentwood, not a bad sized 4 bed detached…. £10

As opposed to … (no disrespect brother) …. mid terrace Manc … £8.50

Does my wife leave the back doors open ?

Non taken. We are in upmarket Chorlton though, not down-town Wythenshawe.

He’s our second in our time here and both were around that price. Mate in Altrincham pays £8 for his terrace.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘How much does your window cleaner charge?’ is closed to new replies.