Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • How much does your wife think your bike is worth?
  • elliott-20
    Free Member

My wife know exactly how much my ‘addiction’ costs but then again I also know hers. With all the bags, shoes, rings and shit she buys I reckon we’re about even. 🙂

MentalMickey
    Free Member

This thread needs pics of the wives and girlfriends wearing various lingerie just for verification purposes. 😉

atlaz
    Free Member

Mrs Atlaz didn’t know about all the bikes I had anyway (not because I didn’t tell her but she can’t be bothered to remember) but the new one she knows what it cost. She couldn’t care less providing we can pay the mortgage and go on holiday occasionally.

chakaping
    Free Member

Aren’t there any women on here who lie to/mislead their hubbies/partners about their bike expenditure?

stumpy01

My other half bought a Spesh Myka Sport a couple of years ago and paid £450 for it.
    I think she’s ridden it 3 times which works out to £150/ride.

My new Stumpjumper cost me £1870 (LBS discounted me the VAT!!) and assuming I’ve ridden it 50 times since I got it, which is probably about right, then it’s only cost me £37.40/ride.
    The frame was also warranty upgraded to the carbon frame so it may even have appreciated (yeah, right)!!

Therefore my bike on a cost/ride basis is far better value than hers and any arguments about money spent on bikes (not that we have any – see my earlier post) would be instantly null & void.

I just got my first payment from Quidco.
    £80.50 made up entirely of 2% from Wiggle and 4% from CRC.
    I forgot to fill in my bank details at first, so that’s a few months money which was accumulating until they knew where to send it, but even so, it’s probably best that I live on my own and we don’t have any shared financial responsibilities.

tonyg2003

The Missus knows exactly how much all my bikes have cost but she’s cool. Her bike is one of the most expensive we have – Orange Five Diva.

I certainly wouldn’t lie about the cost of bikes. A mate of mine is getting divorced and a big part of the “unreasonable behaviour” is the cost of his bikes and his lying about said cost. The divource is going to cost him more than his bikes. House/car and bikes I reckon.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)

The topic ‘How much does your wife think your bike is worth?’ is closed to new replies.