Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • How much does your rear tyre weigh?
  • onandon
    Free Member

Depends on the bike but anywhere from 200 to 1450.

Yak

Probably 650g ish? A spesh ground control, control casing and 29×2.1. Good enough for the mixed conditions right now.

fr0sty125
    Free Member

Butcher Grid 950g

tomhoward

No idea, but all my tyres are listed above, save for the ones on the fat bike (ground control 26×4.6) which weighs loads.

HTH

nixon
    Free Member

I’m in with the Thunder Burt crowd, 27.5 x 2.1 Liteskins front and rear, quoted 425g each, came up as 415g and 390g so the lighter one went on the rear. Actually a bit of a pain it being under weight as it kept leaking when set up tubeless. Apart from that though great tyres, lovely and fast and plenty of cornering grip. The only time I find them lacking is when braking while the bike is still stood up, as it’s still on the semi slick part of the tyre. I just need to back it into the corners a bit more I suppose 😉

raisinhat
    Free Member

~800g, Maxxis Beaver 26×2.25 EXO for winter, lighter than I would normally use since speeds in the mud + slop are generally a bit slower.

When summer rolls around it’ll be back to something 900g+, for the alps I’ll use a proper dual ply on the back. Front tyre is pretty much always 800-900, EXO or supergravity casing.

hairyscary

Have you tried the super gravity and similar casings hairyscary?

Perfect for fast rocky stuff.

I’ve tried other brands in the past but always come back to Maxxis in the end so I don’t bother looking elsewhere now.

Oh, and I managed to flat on the rear today……..the puncture gods are cruel.

The heaviest tyres I have ever ridden were Intense intruders (4 ply) coming in at 1600g. I remember pinging the rims a fair bit after a while so decided to put a bit of air in……the track pump gauge registered zero pressure and the tube wasn’t punctured.

Northwind

It’d take me too long to weigh all my 50 different Official Rear Tyres 😆 From 673g to about 1200g I think.

tomaso
    Free Member

Where, what and how you ride defines the tyres along with your own preferences. What ruins a ride for one person seems to make it for another.

dirtydog
    Free Member

460, 620, 700 or 860.

rickon
    Free Member

Bontrager Super Enduro 5, 2.3 27.5. About 880g.

Light Tyres just squirm with lower pressures, or I pinch them.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Rear about 850g front about 950g I weighed before i fitted it. Wanted to know if it was heavier than what was coming off and it was. However it’s been very good 1000 off road miles without a puncture riding mostly lakes stuff and some Alps stuff.
    27.5 wtb tubeless vigilante 3c chain reaction were doing th for about £20 just bought another for the 29er. Well worth the money and a little bit of extra weight.

shermer75
    Free Member

I am obsessed with the weight of my tyres and rims as I’m convinced that it’s the rotating weight makes your bike feel slow and draggy or light and nimble. Which may or may not be true. But anyway, 26″ x 2.4″ Racing Ralph = 540g

scandal42
    Free Member

**** knows

tomaso
    Free Member

The pick up speed is massively influenced by tyre weight and if you are used to either a featherweight thunder Burt or a High Roller EXO anything heavier will feel noticeably slower on the pick up.
    But the tyre does more than just keep air in and have knobbles for grip. The stiffness of the side casing affects feel and grip.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘How much does your rear tyre weigh?’ is closed to new replies.