Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • how much does it cost you to have a dog?
  • pingu66
    Free Member

I have two Rhodesian Ridgebacks and they are quite expensive to keep. Boy weiights in as 9st girl weighs in at 7.5st.

Food £50 a month, you can pay double that or alot less depending what you feed them. I use Iams and get a deal on it.

Snacks and treats about £5-10 a month.

Toys etc couple of quid now and then.

Christmas presents for the dogs £20.

Insurance I think its about £55 but thats top cover no quibble with Pet Plan. Anything over £75 in vet bills I can claim. Cost £400 for an xray as mine was limping. Vet probably wouldnt have recommended xrays so early on if I was paying. And yes it was worth it and diagnosed the treatment alot quicker than if we had fannied about.

Would not be without them.

Helios
    Free Member

tracknicko – Member

new lab here. and if its a puppy you’re getting, it’s time not money you should be worried about.

he’s a cracking lad, but its a hell of a commitment…

Commitment and time is biggest thing for me too.

My 3-month old lab is currently fast asleep (snoring) on his bed. He sets us back about £1 per day to feed, £1 per day to insure, then I seem to spend at least £20 a week in the pet shop on anything and everything (poo bags, chews, treats, toys etc etc etc) plus the (allegedly) one-off costs of crate, play pen, bedding (which keep adding up and are well over £100 by now) and classes for us so we learn how to train him (£12 per week), dog-sitter for £45 per week when me or Mrs.H have to be at work and can’t be around to feed him or let him out.

Wouldn’t change any of it…

Viewing 2 posts - 41 through 42 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘how much does it cost you to have a dog?’ is closed to new replies.