Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • How much does it cost…….
  • itsmygame
    Free Member

The bike shop retailer to take part in the cycle to work scheme?

I went into lbs they say they can’t do discount on anything as its being bought through the scheme.

Any know the truth? Do they fund any of the finance or is there any hidden costs to them

Cheers

Onzadog
    Free Member

If you go in with a thousand pound voucher, I think they’d get 900 quid for it eventually. However, there’s nothing to stop any company from bypassing the scene administrators and doing it themselves.

tomhoward

They pay 10% of the value of the voucher.

itsmygame
    Free Member

Ah right cheers. Why should they have to pay though. What’s the justification ? ….. Paperwork? Finance?

trail_rat
    Free Member

If its anying like my work . Company invites cycle scheme providers along to “tender” and they pick one.

Resulting in me having to use halford cycle to work scheme.

Retailers pay for all the marketing that the schemes they subscribe to do and the paperwork etc

Your company can deal direct with the bike shop if they so wish but it means them having to work.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Because cyclescheme is a profit making company who want as big a slice as possible for doing as little as possible. Your company have been fooled into thinking it’s really hard to administer and it costs them nothing to farm it out. It’s the bike shop that loses out. Or it’s the customer, because you could have had that ten percent discount.

itsmygame
    Free Member

Yeah pretty bad. Okay cheers guys I won’t pressure them into giving me discount then lol.

toppers3933
    Free Member

What onzadog says.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Some cycle to work schemes take more. NHS takes 12.5% and any independent stores accepting halfords c2w vouchers lose 15%.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘How much does it cost…….’ is closed to new replies.