Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • How much do you spend on petrol and diesel per year?
  • aP
    Free Member

We’ve done 6,076 miles over the last 12 months at an average of 53mpg and used 520 litres of diesel. Admittedly 2,000 miles of that was on the continent but based on an average of, say £1.35 a litre of the year that’d be: £702.00
    Not as bad as I’d thought actually.
    But then I cycle to work (or train/Tube and cycle), don’t do a “big weekly shop”, and sometimes go 2 or 3 weeks without even looking at the car, and herself cycles to work (or trains it) – but then she’s in the US for work at the moment so her carbon footprint is massive.

5lab

it’s rarely economical to buy a new car just to reduce fuel consumption. With that said, any of the ‘eco’ models – volvo v50 drive will do <100co2, combined fuel economy of 72.4mpg

luke
    Free Member

I dont drive so my costs have been £0.
    The wife covers loads of miles and were spending at least £100 a week in Diesel so I’ll be conservative and say £5200

shortcut

Between £5k and £6k without breaking into a sweat.

Weekly mileage for cycling and work is about 400miles, every other week I also do a trip to Hereford so 250 bonus miles, couple of trips to Scottie, Wales and somewhere else all helps. And then there is probably 2,000 business miles too.

So no I don’t end up in profit. Fuel economy is a bit over 40mpg in a 150,000 mile BMW 320d,which is proving to be a cheap car to run.

terrahawk
    Free Member

No idea. Am I really missing out on something if I don’t spend my time working it out?

flange
    Free Member

£10800 if my calculations are correct…

That’s quite upsetting….

thesurfbus
    Free Member

About £5k, 10k in my car and 20k in the wifes car, probably spend about another £500 on fuel doing trackdays.

brassneck

A Zone 1-6 travelcard for ‘that London’ will cost £2,176 in 2012 for one person. Just saying.

I bought an Oyster card and it doesn’t seem to magically transport me from rural Hants to my place of work. I want my money back!

£2500 – 3000 I reckon, though it isn’t the most fuel efficient of things being an old 1.6 petrol.

shooterman

Around £8,000 I reckon.

I work 50 miles from home and I have put arounf 36,000 miles on my car in the last 4 years.

My wife works in the village we live in but has to scoot in and out of the nearest twon each day to and from the childminder.

I try not to think of what I could be doing with that money ( new bike + 2 extra holidays a year )

chupucabra
    Free Member

I spend £11.50 a week on a buspass thing cos I can get a bus from about a minute away from my front door to about two minutes from where I work and it’s about a ten minute journey with a bus every fifteen minutes. Not really worth having a car, I do however buy about £2s worth of petrol for my lighter every few months.

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘How much do you spend on petrol and diesel per year?’ is closed to new replies.