Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)
  • How much do you spend on a haircut?
  • theboatman
    Free Member

£15 a month, at a decent barbers, I ring the chap in the morning and he lets me have a time so there will be no waiting. It’s all very civil, and money well spent to me.

locomotive

11 quid, once a month, includes cup of tea and some f**king classic banter. In fact I drive 20 mins to use the same place since I moved.

edhornby

6.75 and it grows slowly. I’ve been enough times to be allowed to state a preference, and get the lady there to do it as her cuts are more stylish (there’s nothing phwoar about her really but she’s great)

chewkw
    Free Member

£0.00 for the past decade.

I invested in £20 clipper once I noticed my hairs were getting thinner. From there on it was grade zero all over it since there is not much to left to cut.

The only thing without hairs is that there is no protection from the elements.

😯

clubber
    Free Member

£8 at the local barber. About every 6 weeks

mamadirt
    Free Member

Burger all – I spend it all on bikes. Hairdressers scare me 😡 .

Spongebob
    Free Member

I’ve got a “barberess”. She was a bit curvy a year ago, but took up running again. She’s tall, blonde and very very fit! Hasn’t rubbed her boobs on my head yet though. 😆 Charges a tenner now – worth every penny.

bigbob38
    Free Member

£20 set of clippers and the other halfs boobs rubbed in all sorts of places….. if I ask nicely 😀

Need one tomorrow 😆 😆

Spongebob
    Free Member

Need one tomorrow

as well as having his wife’s boobs rubbed all over him!

tootallpaul

20 ethiopian birr every 5 weeks.

About 90p…

donsimon
    Free Member

10 mins every week or so.

avdave2

Clippers at home now but 11 years without cutting it before that.

I did go to the barbers once after that 11 years and said cut it all off. His reply was “You been on f***ing crimewatch.”

woffle
    Free Member

£6 at the local barbers. About once every 3 weeks or so for a short back and sides…

ononeorange

Just back from Oban where I always go to “Tommy’s Top Styles”. Tommy qualified in 1961. £5 for all that experience – brilliant.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Hairdressers are often fit but always pretty thick in my experience.

Isn’t necessarily a bad thing..

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Nowt … I have some scissors, little idea of what I’m doing and a haircut which proves it!

McHamish
    Free Member

I once spend £55 on a hair cut…it was 2 days before I got married and forgot to go to the barbers the weekend before so ended up going to some fancy place in Canary Wharf. Got my hair cut by the ‘creative sylist’, i think that translates to ‘wierd looking camp fella, who minces around while cutting your hair’. He said my wife was a lucky lady, so if I ever get bored of her and women, I’ve got options.

At the weekend I got my hair cut for £8.50 at the local barbers, by a stern looking bloke from Poland…he didn’t compliment me once.

But you get what you pay for.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

£11 2 or 3 times a year. I often toy with getting some clippers and just going for the number 2 but the GF wouldn’t let me- she reckons my head’s too big for that sort of haircut.

MikeT-23
    Free Member

In the summer months I’ll do it at home for free with a set of clippers. Not so confident about that now that I’m single, as before the Gf would tidy up the bits I couldn’t see.

When I grow a winter coat, I go to the same hairdresser I have visited for twelve years or more, and for five quid I get a cup of coffee, some good chat, a chance to air some woes, a smart do and, recently, my wee girl gets some French pleats too. Bargain. There’s always a tip though, and a bottle of booze at the chrimbo trim.

emsz
    Free Member

LOLing at all the blokes talking about their hair like a bunch of gossipy girls.

Just for the record: If I just want my roots doing then graeme on the hair and beauty course will do them plus gossip and scandal thrown in for free. Every 6 weeks my mum ( co owns salon in town) tuts over G’s work and does it properly

Forge_Master
    Free Member

£37 every 6-8 weeks

momo

£10.50 every 5 or 6 weeks, in fact due a cut now.

Used to pay £30 every 4 weeks when I was younger, thankfully I wised up and realised that I don’t suit the cutting edge haircuts I was getting (besides got bored of spending 30 minutes every morning getting my hair looking right!).

gordonb
    Free Member

clippers for me too… and I even ask myself silly questions like ” are you going on holiday?” and then don’t listen to my replies, for that full hairdresser experience.

And to the lads who spend £10 and upwards cos the girl is fit… I mean really, cut your own hair and then pop down the local **AHEM* “Gentleman’s” Club!

Bimbler
    Free Member

£12 (something like that anyway) every 4 to 6 weeks, at a barbers near where I work. Nice bloke who runs it and cuts really well, the other chair is run by some intimidating East European babuska who’s a bit rough but also cuts well – if she listens to what you ask for

rightplacerighttime
    Free Member

I am astounded at the number of people here who use their own clippers.

I bought mine 23 years ago for about £20 (so total saving to date is around 6 x £5 x 23 -£20 = £670 (Wow!))

But I thought I was in an extremely small minority.

Can’t say I’d noticed an overly representative number of baldies in the MTB population, so the Singletrack forum must have it’s own special demographic.

Maybe Wahl should take out an ad on the site.

z1ppy

£0 every 6 months, to get it back to just fit into a ‘pony tail’ length, but then my m8’s the barber.

j_me
    Free Member

£10 once a month.
    The other half used to spend £80 – £140 a month on hers……..that’s a lot of bikes.

allthegear
    Free Member

£50 for the last one but that included 3 colours and should have been a good bit more – biggest advantage of your local being LGBT friendly??? Loads of hairdressers wanting to do your hair… 🙂

I once had some extensions in – was a bit bonkers – 4 hours with someone pulling at your hair and then you hand over £330.

(yes, I did type that right)

Rachel

footflaps

£15.50 every month for a Grade 2/3 combo at the local barbers…

adam_h
    Free Member

Usually between £5-£10 every 2 weeks for a 1 all over. £7 in my local barbers, but usually get it done in works time, where ever I happen to be working 🙂

kudos100
    Free Member

9 quid every 6-8 weeks. My barber is the best I have ever seen, I’ve yet to find someone that comes close to his level of ocd’ishness when it comes to cutting hair 🙂

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

About £15 a year on clippers – then wife shears me every two weeks (ish).

About to pass out at Rachel’s £50 per haircut and £330 mission…

skiprat
    Free Member

£20 on some Wahl clippers 10 years ago and the same ones are still going strong today.

Either a 1 or 0 every 2 weeks. Mrs Skip like a bit of stubble too (rather than me looking like a 10 year old) so even do my chin with it.

Surf-Mat
    Free Member

Skip – got some deal (half price) on some Remington clippers which are doing very well and then got an “i-trim” for stubbleage – find hair clippers leave it a bit long.

I was told by two people I look a bit like Daniel Craig (I don’t) at a party on Saturday (I was all DJ’d up with a “proper” bow tie) with the stubble/short hair look so I was rather pleased. Compliments get rarer and rarer as you get older….!

crankboy
    Free Member

I bought some clippers 15 years ago (replaced the grade twice) so free hair cuts for me. I do it myself grade one every week or so it is easy even when you take your specs off you feel with one hand and run the clippers over with the other.

Torminalis
    Free Member

In Full Metal Jacket, during the scene where they are all kitted out a guy shears the lot of them. The clippers he uses just rinse through the hair like nobody’s business. The ones I have from boots or somewhere are crap and it takes ages to hack through. I do have very thick hair though.

Seeing as there are so many other self administererers of haircuts, what clippers will work like the ones on FMJ?

allthegear
    Free Member

@Tormnalis – horse ones – I’m not kidding…

Not cheap, mind.

Rachel

Spongebob
    Free Member

Is there anything you can get to slow down hair growth?

Houns

i was going through a spate about 7 years ago spending £50 a month. I realised that it was a total waste and bought a pair of clippers, been doing my own ever since

thepurist

@Spongebob – older 🙁

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘How much do you spend on a haircut?’ is closed to new replies.