Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • How much do you spend cycling each week?
  • wool

Just browsing strava and looking at how much time people spend cycling each week and was amazed, I do about 100 miles each week work full time and have two kids that i like spending time with. Some of these people on strava I know and have much more demanding jobs than I and kids etc etc….. What’s the score are they escaping their wife’s, kids and jobs to get the miles in or they don’t give a stuff about anyone other than themselves ?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I do around 200 miles a week at the moment. Single parent, part time at work. Daughter fed and watered and off to school followed by a spot of housework then its bike time.

br
    Free Member

Most are on turbo’s 😉

watsontony
    Free Member

100 miles@ 20mph= 5 hours

100 miles@ 14mph= longer

simple

officialtob
    Free Member

Work full time, single. Do about 150-200 miles a week on the MTB, many of those commuting. Really should be more.

davosaurusrex

At my current rate of spending to mileage about seven million pounds a week, give or take.

dirk_pumpa
    Free Member

quality not quantity.

mrmo
    Free Member

currently doing 200-250miles a week, commuting 5days at 33miles-ish a day and then one ride at weekend.

M1llh0use
    Free Member

About £5k this year.

Rorschach
    Free Member

All of it.

tang
    Free Member

I’m always spent.

wool

At my current rate of spending to mileage about seven million pounds a week, give or take.
    😆

lazybike
    Free Member

Just browsing strava

….. 😯

crazy-legs

I don’t come anywhere close to recording all my rides on Strava.

Commutes, short spins to a mates house or the cafe or something, track riding – none of that gets recorded.
    Usual week for me would be about 50-100 miles on a weekend (recorded on Strava), then about 90 miles commuting plus another 30-ish miles on the track.

So on average about 80 miles recorded, 100-ish miles unrecorded.

jonba
    Free Member

Road miles are often considerably easier than off road miles. Doesn’t correct for that. 50 miles would be a long ride off road but a quick blast on the road bike.

rudebwoy
    Free Member

whats all this enslavement to ‘strava’ about, sounds like a rod for your own back/head !

br
    Free Member

Road miles are often considerably easier than off road miles. Doesn’t correct for that. 50 miles would be a long ride off road but a quick blast on the road bike.

This.

Plus road miles on an MTB is harder too 🙂

mikewsmith
    Free Member

if you commute the miles will pile up fast.

I was hitting some great stats, but I have taking a break from work. Even a 2.5 days/week it’s hard to fit that much riding round other stuff.

Wookster

About 60miles, that costs me five hours, six if you count getting dressed in many layers!
    Money wise a tube and co2 so a fiver!

RoterStern
    Free Member

I generally do about 12 hours a week riding but I will ramp that up to about 14-16 hours closer to the race season. I have four kids and atm it means looking after the youngest in the mornings when the other half is working and then working in the afternoons and evenings (we have a business together) and then when I finish usually around 9 pm I can do my training sessions for around 2 hours ( I also commute to work). At the weekends it means getting up long before the family is awake and getting 3-4 hours in but it means I can spend the whole day with the kids.

djglover
    Free Member

7-8 hours of running or cycling is average for me. I did get up to about 12 over new year but tend to get run down at that level really, family + working away etc…

giantx4
    Free Member

On average 3 hrs a week riding…. Rest of time,thinking about riding…

wordnumb
    Free Member

I now outsource the majority of my cycling to China.

hjghg5
    Free Member

My minimum target is 7 hours per week of activity – running, cycling, swimming and gym work. This time of year I rarely go beyond 8 hours, but can add a fair amount over summer when longer rides get more appealing.

swingbing
    Free Member

Wow, some people spend a lot of time on their bikes each week! I’m not a roady, more of a weekends mountain biker. I consider a good weekend to one when I get a 30km route in!

Appears I have a long way to go to catch up 😯

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘How much do you spend cycling each week?’ is closed to new replies.