Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)
  • How much do you pay for your hair cutting.
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Shaving gel and triple bladed shaving action here. Every few days. Sorted.

simon_g

Local Turkish barber – £7. I normally round up to £10 because they do a great job and are way cheaper than others in the area.

montylikesbeer

self head clipper thingy(No1 guard)every week

U31
    Free Member

I do all the Mrs Brazilians / downstairs hairstyle Du Jour, anyhoo, so its win win for me….
    And as for unenjoyable? Our barbers is like a social club!

tron
    Free Member

do you think i would make much money if i opened a topless barbers……….with girls cutting the hair…..not me.

You'd seriously clean up. Female hairdressers are consistently ranked as the profession blokes fancy the most in the highly scientific surveys done on the subject by esteemed journals such as Loaded and Nuts.

I wonder if topless would need a special license. Skimpy would probably work 90% as well and attract less of the dirty mac brigade 😆

And it's £7.50 to £12 or so round my way. My gut feeling says a fifteen quid is the limit for a bloke's haircut.

odannyboy
    Free Member

cambridge barbers, £12.00 for a not too special "scalping" and no booby action at all, only fellas! 😥

soobalias
    Free Member

wash, cut, style

£45

midlifecrashes

£3 here on Doncaster High Street, I usually tip 66%. They charge £4 for ladies and £5 for a re-style. No appointments, gets busy at the weekend though.

odannyboy
    Free Member

have paid £35 with a mates rates discount down from £45 at a swanky place.was a better 'do' but not worth the extra..

DezB
    Free Member

£0. My brother does it. I fix his bikes for him.
    Actually I'm due one now. "John!!"

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Nothing. Clippers do head and occasionally face when i can be bothered. I was paying about a tenner 5 years ago the last time i paid for a cut.

Can't believe anyone actually pays 45 quid! Do you get a happy ending included in the price for that?

GeeWavetree
    Free Member

£38 every 6 weeks at Toni and Guy. Its ace – head and back massage, beer, decent hair cut, laugh with hair dresser who is not bent!

M6TTF
    Free Member

wash and cut £30 same bloke done it for years – gay as they come and a right bloody laugh

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Missus does it for free.

+1

If I went elsewhere she would go ballistic 😉

Tinners

True story. I once had my haircut by the "sweeper-upper" one morning when the boss failed to materialise. To make matters worse he wasn't wearing his glasses. I could elaborate further……..

simonjf63
    Free Member

ton – you'd never get a topless barber past health & safety – all that stray hair getting stuck to places it shouldn't. They'd have to name a new disease along the lines of farmer's lung – something like hairdressers nipple or hairy areola

sweepy
    Free Member

I pay 6.50 and to be frank she can keep her boobs to herself.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I have mine cut by a nice young chubby blonde. She always seems to press her ample breast and tum in my face. It's a happy and warm place to be.

£8 for the cut rounded up to a tenner.

loddrik
    Free Member

Clippers, sod all these 'i use a number 1' gayboys

No attachment required, the shorter the better!

jemima
    Free Member

£7.50 is the norm now when I nip out at lunchtime. Which is a lot more acceptable than the £13 charged at the hairdressers closest to my house.

Best was pre-holidays last year. Needed a haircut terribly so went for a wander down an un-named Highland town high street. First hairdressers full, second appointment only. Got to the end of the street and there was a tiny barbers that looked terrifying. Deep breath, really need haircut. Fairly painless experience and got a lovely haircut fashioned on somebody from the 1950s. 'How much?' says I? £1 came the reply! I left 3 quid.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Quite frankly I'd baulk at anything more than about £7 considering I just have it shaved off or a short back and sides. I'm not a woman, I don't need "styling" or any details done, just knock an inch off all over.

I got sick of paying £8 and bought clippers, do my own now.

My best haircut was £2.50 from the uni barber at liverpool uni, he was brilliant and cheap, so he often got a tip. But he could clear a person out in 5-6 minutes and was never waiting for custom.

loddrik
    Free Member

I can't believe I am reading about men getting a wash and cut for over £30.

WTF is happening to people these days? Get a grip lads!!!!

coffeeking
    Free Member

amen to that!

M6TTF
    Free Member

oddrik – Member
    I can't believe I am reading about men getting a wash and cut for over £30.

WTF is happening to people these days? Get a grip lads!!!!

it's all relative – if you're happy to spend money on clothes, your appearance obviously matters to you, so why scrimp on hair? each to his own I guess.

loddrik
    Free Member

(Sniggers mercilessly….) 🙄

coffeeking
    Free Member

so why scrimp on hair?

Why is it scrimping? It's value over pointless expense. My other half had her best haircut for the lowest price she ever paid, unfortunatley the guy moved abroad so she now has to pay twice the price for a poorer cut. Genius.

loddrik
    Free Member

I just hope for that price they have the decency to let you watch your favorite Kate Hudson film….

brakes
    Free Member

£27 in central London.
    Expensive so I only get it done every 4 months.
    I don't like having my hair cut.

Junkyard
    Free Member

nothing so far this millennium
    Neil what will she do for twenty? 😉

jimmyshand
    Free Member

i skim read this thread and from that I took it that ton was looking for some upper body boob rubbage from some young bird who had had the full wet shave, he thought it was cheaper than a brothel as it in theory cost £18:50 for a sticky hand job. Is this an accurate reflection of the thread?

cinnamon_girl

U31 – Member
    I do all the Mrs Brazilians / downstairs hairstyle Du Jour, anyhoo, so its win win for me….
    And as for unenjoyable? Our barbers is like a social club!

Am I reading this correctly ❓

duntstick
    Free Member

I cut my own hair, have done for years……brutal but cheap.

Who's really looking………..

I gave up on hairstyles after the
    Thompson twins

mikertroid
    Free Member

Nowt. Do it myself

duntstick
    Free Member

Ha, Spot the Northerner! 😆

desboy3
    Free Member

AAAaaahh! Noobie got it now!! £40 and don't berate me cos i'm new to this forum please! Yes it does seem to be quite expensive but then my luxurious locks do tend to feel better and the wife likes how it looks! Plus the hair doer knows not to talk ball locks!

Tinners

If you don't like long posts, scroll down now.
    I've always hated having my haircut. I hate it so much, I prefer to get it over and done with quickly on a "first in" basis rather than the long lingering ordeal when you go at busy times. With that in mind, I made my way to a popular gents Greek/Cypriot hairdressers in the centre of town that usually opens at 8.30 before the crowds arrive. A "something for the weekend, sir?" joint. What follows is 100% true.
    I arrived at 8.30am waiting for it to open. 8.45am another punter arrives and waits patiently. Finally at 9.05, the young oik who usually sweeps up turns up, looking slightly different but couldn't quite put my finger on what it was. We all go in. The other punter starts reading paper and I'm getting ready to jump up to the hotseat, coz I'm first, innit? Meanwhile, "Sweeper-upper" is searching around the shop looking nervous and distracted. Suddenly the phone rings and is answered by Mr Sweeper-Upper.
    "What do you mean you're not coming in??……Are you serious?…..No I can't…..Seriously, I've left them at home and I can't see a thing…..I couldn't even sign a cheque…..OK…..OK….but I'm not going to be held responsible"
    The other punter looks at me and I look at him.
    Then Mr Sweeper-Upper takes a deep breath, pats the back rest of the hotseat and says nervously "Who's first?" (I'm not sure if he was talking to the hat stand at the time)
    I look at the other punter and he gives me a look that says "You're first, son"
    So I get up and sit in the hotseat.
    "…and what will it be, Sir?" he says as he ties a sheet around my neck and flops a rubber mat over my shoulders.
    "Erm….as it is now, only a little bit shorter, please"
    There then follows a few minutes of opening and closing drawers, picking up and putting down a variety of combs, picking up various scissors, doing 2 snips in the air, looking surprised, then putting the scissors back down. I look at this nervously in the mirror. Meanwhile, the other punter quietly folds his newspaper, gets up and walks out, avoiding all eye contact.
    Then there's a sudden "click" and a whirring noise and I notice that young Vidal has found the clippers. Gripping the clippers as you would grasp the throat of an angry ferret, he announces "I think we'll start with the clippers". By now my heart is pounding, my mouth is dry and I'm in two minds whether or not to call a halt to the proceedings. Unfortunately, my "anxious not to offend" British gene kicks in. My brain says "no" but my mouth says "yes".
    He takes a few stabs at my scalp. Each stab reaches wood and throws up a chunk of hair which flutters down slowly while he lines up for the next stab.
    I didn't pay too much attention to what happened next. I know that the ordeal lasted a good 30 minutes, involved lots of stepping back a few paces, squinting as if trying to focus and holding up a thumb to try to form some sort of perspective then taking a few more stabs. A few punters came, sat down, looked on in disbelief for 30 seconds and then departed slowly, walking backwards.
    By the time he'd finished, I looked like I'd cut it myself, with one hand (the left one) in the dark, after downing a bottle of gin. In a strange way, I looked 6 stone lighter and quite unwell.
    When he'd finished, and showing a total lack of insight into his own inabilities, he held up the mirror to the back of my head. All 3 corners looked equally bad – spiky bits, bald bits, traumatised bits and long bits. In order to end the ordeal swiftly, I said "Great, thanks", paid up and left. Twenty quid – 1995 prices.
    While stood outside, waiting for Mrs T, I definately attracted some prolonged stares (and not in a good way). I could sense people bumping into each other as the unwanted stares at my head distracted attention. A few couples stared at me, then mouthed "Poor s*d" to each other before rushing past. It got worse when Mrs T arrived from her shopping trip. I could see her mouthing "WTF??" from 100 yards away.
    What's happened to your hair?" she said. "You look mentally ill"
    "It's a long story, let's go home. I've had enough."
    "You're not coming home with me looking like that! Lets go to my hairdressers and get it done properly"
    Now, that sounded like a good idea in theory, but in reality it was a non starter. Nobody walks into a ladies boutique hairdressers with hair ranging from 0mm to 5mm asking for a haircut.
    So we went straight to Boots to buy some clippers.
    Much as I love Mrs T, she's not a hairdresser and nobody in their right mind would let her anywhere near to their head with a hair cutting implement, not least one that is plugged in to the mains. But needs must and when we got home, she set the dial to 1mm and clipped away. There then followed the longest 10 minutes of marital tension we'd experienced in 20 years. However, when she finished, it did't look too bad. Although I looked like I'd been having chemotherapy, it looked 90% better than it did and all was well with the world once more.
    Never been to a hairdresser since. Not a word of this is made up. DIY all the way now, as far as I'm concerned.

saleem
    Free Member

Used to pay nothing as the ex owned a salon, then while I was working away in Hampshire I felt robbed after paying £16 for a clipper cut, that was 8 years ago, now I pay nothing again as I shave it while I'm having a shower, do my head then too albeit with a fresh blade 😆

Woody
    Free Member

£14 + tip 10 years ago in Crystal Palace. Was £8 at hairdressers in Durham and then she left. I now go to her house and she charges a fiver.

Bargain 😉

trailmonkey

Just read this thread and it inspired me to get the clippers out and "experiment"

Vodka and coiffeur experimentation are not the best bed fellows let me tell you 😯

FoxyChick
    Free Member

£30 for a cut and highlights every 6 weeks.
    Sorry, but clippers will just not do! 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 126 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for your hair cutting.’ is closed to new replies.