• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by lunge.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • How much do you pay for a car service?
  • cb

Talking full service rather than the basic oil change etc.

If you are a proper man and service your own before killing your lunch, that’s great – very happy for you but I’m looking for responses from those that pay someone else to do it. What is reasonable?

Suggsey
    Free Member

Paid around £400 for oil and filter expensive oil), 6 spark plugs, air filter, pollen filter and air con re gas, DSG gearbox filter and oil change, fault code readings and reset on my Golf R32 at VagTech and a bloody good job of it they did too so if you have a VAG group motor I recommend them….cars running super smooth especially noticeable in the gearbox pick up from static.
    Paid a similar amount for the wife’s 02 plate Beetle at an Indy place including MOT and a lower wishbone.
    I treated myself this year as I normally do all my own car repairs, even the complicated stuff but wanted a year off from spannering.

smartboy
    Free Member

Think it will vary massively on the vehicle, the garage and the service items needed.

My RS 6 sets me back around the £2k mark when it has a big (incl cam belt etc) change every 4 years at an Audi dealership.
    My camper van sets me back about £100 for oil, filter and plugs and that is about all there is on the old girl.
    The sensible (diesel Alfa Guilietta) costs around £300 at a local independent place.

br
    Free Member

Depends as said.

The wife’s car is £500 whereas mine is nearer the £100 mark.

porter_jamie

nothing, plus parts

bruneep

fixed service plan £325 for 3yrs of servicing 2 minor and 1 “major” service.

bensales
    Free Member

£329 for a major, £199 for a minor.

Jaguar Fixed Price Servicing

Makes a Jag main dealer cheaper than an indy.

cb

uhmm ok then, mine wasn’t as pricey as I thought. Mondeo diesel full service with brake fluid change for 250. I was expecting nearer the 150 mark as Ford dealer does main service for 200 I guess they have had to drop their prices since indies were allowed do service within warranty periods.

Drac

£0

All in with the package.

thomthumb
    Free Member

£315 for BMW inspection 2 at a BMW Indy

engineeringcowboy
    Free Member

For the last 6 years either had company cars or not owned a car long enough to have a service

But before that used to pay between 90-200 for with interim or full service on my fords

chakaping
    Free Member

I’m tempted to give vagtech a bell just to see what they say when they answer the phone.

Childish I know.

bruneep

£0

All in with the package.

How much is the “package” I could’ve got my servicing included in a package but it was cheaper to pay a one off fee than have it added in.

spence
    Free Member

£329 for a major, £199 for a minor.

Jaguar Fixed Price Servicing

Makes a Jag main dealer cheaper than an indy.

Yep, same here and they were also cheaper for a gearbox oil change. Plus New XF as a courtesy car.

Davesport

3 Year Volvo XC70 was £299, that included the MOT test.

lunge

£210 for my diesel megane for a full job, £100 for a quick one.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘How much do you pay for a car service?’ is closed to new replies.