Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How much do those "Paintless Dent Removal" places charge?
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

As above really…

Got two dinks in the roof of the vayn that haven't come through the paint. Do those places do the job properly or are they a shcam to get you in the door only to hit you with a big bill for a load of bodywork?

Macavity
    Free Member

The good paintless dent removal people tend to be busy at car auctions preping the cars there. It is a legitimate trade. But to take dents out you will need to be able to get at the inside of the panel to push the dent out.

cynic-al
    Free Member

What about those suction cup things?

FuzzyWuzzy

Dingmaster wanted £95 to pull a shallow (but prob 8" diameter) dent in my bonnet, I chose to keep the dent. Oh and it should be legal to amputate chavs that stand on your car bonnet to try and break in through your house window.

molgrips
    Free Member

I have a small 1cm diameter dent above the rear wheel arch.. wondering if that can be done also. Might be easier to fill it, I dunno.

tron
    Free Member

PDR is a lot easier than filling. Think £40-50 for a dent, rather than at least £150 by the time it's been filled, painted and blended to match the rest. And yes, it is legit.

That said, if I had a van with a dented roof, I'd just belt it one with the palm of my hand from the inside.

molgrips
    Free Member

I've also got a load of scratches on bumpers, and some nasty gouges in the bonnet where presumably the zip of the trousers one of the burglars breaking into my garage damaged it. I should get someone to do a number on it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Oh and it should be legal to amputate chavs that stand on your car bonnet to try and break in through your house window.

I agree, I think, not sure how you amputate someone, I think you have to pick a part.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

These are specific dents caused by something a wee bit too tall being transported after being "squeezed" in. If it was an old vayn, I wouldn't mind so much. But it's a 58 plate.

Timmo
    Free Member

a fair few of the guys will do a pricer per panel, typically £40-50, if its one dent or ten as such,
    used to have a guy come in to the garage i worked at, he was amazing to watch, the good guys are never quiet!!

solarider
    Free Member

I got to my car this morning to find a woman's tow bar inserted into my bumper. I was in a residents parking space and she way parked illegally. Clearly not expecting me to turn up on the scene. She was in a rush and full of excuses. Honestly, people have no respect!

Any idea who's any good with painted plastic bumpers as it is cracked, or will I need a new bumper?

tron
    Free Member

Plastic bumpers can be welded and repaired, but primed, new bumper shells are often so cheap that it's not a sensible way to repair it.

solarider
    Free Member

Just been quoted £2k by Porsche for a new bumper, painted plus labour etc! Any national places that weld bumpers?

FuzzyWuzzy

Isn't she paying for it? If so I'd want the proper Porsche repair done…

solarider
    Free Member

She drove off! And no, I don't have her plate details. And no, there isn't any CCTV, and no there were no witnesses. B~~tch!

The car is not old and pristine otherwise, so I would like it repaired properly, but £2k is a bit steep. Just wondered if a repair would b viable rather than a replacement.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How much do those "Paintless Dent Removal" places charge?’ is closed to new replies.