• This topic has 16 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by tron.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • How much do pro DH racers get paid
  • alba23
    Free Member

Does anybody no how much UCI Downhill riders get paid per season

GW
    Free Member

Depends what you’re calling a UCI downhill rider?
    anyone fast enough to achieve enough UCI points from racing smaller DH races can enter a UCI WC, some of them are just kids or students with no income from their riding at all. some actually earn a wage (not many) and some will earn through sponsorship deals.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Presumably by pro he means those earning a wage or sponsorship.

ftr1873
    Free Member

I did read an interview a couple of years ago, although I can’t remember the rider. He basically said the pay isn’t in the big leagues of the 90s any more, Shaun Palmer $1m per year I heard! Only a handful of top riders actually make good money from it due mainly to good sponsorship deals. The others make a living but get the lifestyle they want. I think guys like CG have other interests to fund their lifestyle.

BoardinBob

I was wondering what the prize money is for the DH WC events???

alba23
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys.
    I did meamn the pro s . I was told only about 10 get paid big money, some get paid get some money,free bikes and spares with the rest paying there own way.

bland

a clothing sponsor may pay one of the big 5 £25K a year for example, then there are all the other bits and bobs. If they are busy and spread their wings then they could prob earn a couple of hundred a year but that would mean a lot more than just racing and winning the races.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I could be wrong, but I think a particular UK dowmhiller based in Sheffield has 2 Bentleys + other cars..

Militant_biker

I heard from a reliable industry insider that a certain someone who rides hops his bike over stuff got a 3 year £135k contract to give him some wings…

Mooly
    Free Member

Surely the wings should give him some more. And by the way how can a drinks company have such a massive marketing budget to fund a F1 team and all the other things? How many cans of the stuff do they have to shift to justify such a budget?

ac282

isn’t it 2 teams?

alba23
    Free Member

How much does it cost to make? And how much to purchase?
    Own brand energy drinks cost about 30P to buy.
    Have a winning F1 teams beames all over the world must save millions marketing its product.

warton
    Free Member

Mooly. the rise of vodka and said wing giving energy drink really changed things for them

Rorschach
    Free Member

Watch secrets of the superbrands on Iplayer to find out how Redbull operate…….intersesting viewing.

molinifreeride
    Free Member

I think I’m paying my mtb guide Ray Edwards too much, I caught him looking at a Ferrari driving past and he’s drinking birre grande as well. I’m gonna have to clip his wings………. 😈

TooTall
    Free Member

Have a winning F1 teams beames all over the world must save millions marketing its product.

I think they pay quiiiiiiiiite a lot for that. F1 isn’t exactly cheap to race in.

tron
    Free Member

Red Bull is a marketing company that sells pop. The former UK CEO was on telly the other week – he said marketing was like a respirator for Red Bull – take the marketing away and you’re stuffed.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘How much do pro DH racers get paid’ is closed to new replies.