Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • How much do LBS charge to set up tyres tubeless.
  • richietea
    Free Member

As above cause I haven’t got the time and also recommend me a shop around stourbridge.

onandon
    Free Member

click here as you are Sooooooooooooooo busy.

mactheknife

I would recommend finding the time, only so that you know how to do it yourself and fix any issues if they go wrong.

Good videos on the Stans site.

First time i will admit is a faff but once you know the mechanics of it then it becomes a doddle.

Google is your friend as on and on points out so well 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    richietea
    Free Member

Thanks for answering my question very helpful.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I got given the fluid and the compressor after the lbs/mate did the first one…

Good fun under an hour of labour if it’s a new wheel.

watsontony
    Free Member

pay for postage to me and back and i will set them up for your for £10 plus materials. Or if you are really that busy why not just take them to lbs and pay the man the amount of £ he requests. But seriously just do it your self

shortcut

I guess it depends on the rim & tyre combination.

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

Phone the local bikeshop , then you will know the price exactly rather than asking for random prices on a forum . They will also need other information such as are your rims tubeless , do you have tubeless ready or UST tyres ? That aside it’s probably about an hours labour , a pair of tubeless valves £15 , sealant £10 , rim strips or Stans yellow tape £2 to £ 15 depending and possibly new tyres .

anotherbike
    Free Member

I had mine done at Bache Brothers Cycles.

Give em a call: 01384 891174

http://www.facebook.com/bachebrotherscycles

andysredmini
    Free Member

try
    two wheels in amblecote
    01384 394653

br
    Free Member

I would recommend finding the time, only so that you know how to do it yourself and fix any issues if they go wrong.

This.

Otherwise you’ll be like folk we’ve met, hadn’t a clue how to even attempt a fix.

coatesy
    Free Member

+1 for trying it yourself, if it all goes smoothly then you’ll wonder why shops charge so much, if it doesn’t then you’ll understand very clearly 🙂

robarnold
    Free Member

Spend the money you would do on paying a bike shop to do it on getting the correct rim/tyre combo and it takes less time than putting a tube in

snaps
    Free Member

I’ve just picked up my new Arch EX wheels from LBS, started @ 5pm
    Strip green Hope tape off, apply Stans yellow tape to both rims, insert valves, mount Maxxis LUST tyres, soap beads & inflate, deflate, insert sealant – finished 5.41pm.

tpbiker
    Free Member

i find its a total lottery. First time I did it I used Specialized tyres and it took me all of 5 min max for both. My mate had bought the stans kit at the same time and he just couldn’t get it to work despite having tubeless compatible gear. Next time I tried it it took me about 2 hours….

worth learning the tricks to make it work however, but in my experience some are really easy, some require alot of effort, and sometimes it flat out just doesn’t work, even with tubeless tyres. For this reason I suspect many bikeshops won’t want anything to do with a job like that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘How much do LBS charge to set up tyres tubeless.’ is closed to new replies.