Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • How much do Chain reaction cycles discount Nuke proof mega frames?
  • GEDA
    Free Member

Wondering if I should buy a new frame. They have some 2013 frame with a big discount on the original price but I still think they seem expensive compared to say a Titus El Guapo. How much have they discounted them in the past by? Strangley enough looking on Ebay some of the secound hand prices are as much as new ones now!

therag
    Free Member

Last year they reduced the full build mega pro 33% £3400-£2200. Was soo close to pushing the buy button.

Simon

I think Mega frames came down to about £600 last year.

Scamper
    Free Member

Was tempted by the CRC mega frame, but have just gone for a meta am reduced to £1100.

GEDA
    Free Member

Ok. So they are about £800 with a discount at the moment. Maybe save myself £300 if I am lucky and wait.

chakaping
    Free Member

I think Mega frames came down to about £600 last year.

But they were cheaper to start with last time.

However are now an obsolete wheel size, so perhaps…

GEDA
    Free Member

Luckily I have lots of obsolete wheels and some big tyres…

chakaping
    Free Member

You looking at the AM or TR?

I have been mulling the TR, as it’d be able to take both my obsolete 150mm and 160mm forks.

GEDA
    Free Member

I was looking at the AM as I do not want to break my Prophet by doing unskilled clunky drops on it when I am not going fast enough and would like to do some uplift stuff next year. I have a lot of kit knocking around. £800 quid still seems a bit expensive when the last full bike I bought was the Prophet for £1200.

chakaping
    Free Member

It’s a good price for what looks like a damn good frame I reckon (the AM).

The TR isn’t such a bargain IMO, hence why I’m on the fence still.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘How much do Chain reaction cycles discount Nuke proof mega frames?’ is closed to new replies.