Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)
  • How much difference will it make with British getting involved with bombing ?
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Russia America France and a few other have already been dropping bombs on Syria for a while now.

How much actual difference will it make now that us Brits have got involved ?

The media would have you believe that the Cavalry have arrived and we are going to save the world !

Mad I tell ya mad wont make the slightest bit of difference to this mad game

Discuss

thegreatape
    Free Member

To solving it, none. Politically, both nationally and internationally, a fair bit.

binners

As John Macain helpfully pointed out yesterday, it tokenism.

Its holding your bigger mates coat while he has a fight outside the kebab house

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ernie_lynch
    Free Member

We’ve got special bombs.

jam-bo

probably more difference than another thread about it.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Do you really think so ?

ninfan
    Free Member

If I was a civilian in an IS dominated area, I reckon I’d feel a damn sight safer having Britain doing the bombing than America or Russia…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

How about no one doing any bombing? Assuming that America and Russia won’t be stopping just because Britain has decided to have a pop.

yunki
    Free Member

I predict world peace, global prosperity and love and harmony for the entire human race by next Wednesday morning

P-Jay
    Free Member

Not much, it’s not been widely reported, but in actual fact we ALREADY have been bombing Syria, British Jets flown, maintained and rearmed by British Crews have been in action for weeks whilst under “secondment” to other nations forces.

What we’ve actually done is given ISIL another ‘legitimate’ target and strengthen their creditability with young Muslims around the world.

I’m not actually against a war against ISIL, you can’t have nutters roaming around northern Iraq and Syria beheading people and enforcing their own twisted rules on the general population – or to be honest disrupting the oil supply which drives the economy of the west – but bombing alone doesn’t work you either use diplomacy or proper troops on the ground force – this halfway measure thing only strengthens the enemy.

maccruiskeen

Russia America France and a few other have already been dropping bombs on Syria for a while now.

How much actual difference will it make now that us Brits have got involved ?

Strategically in Syria – non we’re joining in after all the low hanging fruit has been picked. Politically perhaps we’re trying to not be embarrassed by not doing what our neighbours are doing. Practically perhaps we’ve got bombs that are near their Use-by date

The difference it makes to life here is pretty much zero – are we defending ourself against anything by dropping these bombs? We would never know, we’ll never know if the next thing that would happened was because we did join the bombing campaign or because we didn’t.

The difference it makes to politicians is whether you can say the next thing that happens is because of what we didn’t do, or in spite of what we did do. Doing something, rather than doing nothing is an easier position for a politician to defend.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

We’ve got special bombs.

So do the Saudis.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

you can’t have nutters roaming around northern Iraq and Syria beheading people and enforcing their own twisted rules on the general population

We don’t mind the Saudis doing that.

In fact we give them a pat on the back and ask them if they need any weapons to help them remain in power.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

The difference it makes to politicians is whether you can say the next thing that happens is because of what we didn’t do, or in spite of what we did do. Doing something, rather than doing nothing is an easier position for a politician to defend.

Sir Humphrey salutes you!

footflaps

In fact we give them a pat on the back and ask them if they need any weapons to help them remain in power.

And fly our flags at half mast when they die…..

Anyone would think we’re complete hypocrites…

[url=https://flic.kr/p/BCwymu]Oh the ironing…[/url] by Ben Freeman, on Flickr

LapSteel
    Free Member

Look everyone knows the British are the best at bombin n’ stuff so we can now all relax in the knowledge that our boys will sort it out and ISIS will cease to exist in a couple of months

binners

Or to put it another way…

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiPe1OiKQuk[/video]

km79
    Free Member

The only reason we got in on the bombing is that it will lead to our companies getting in on the action when all the ‘rebuildng’ happens.

Bombs now = profit later.

Gary_M
    Free Member

ISIS will cease to exist in a couple of months

That’s true, they’ll have another name for it by then.

binners

Should we just start calling them Colin?

I can’t imagine anyone called Colin ever cutting somebodies head off with a kitchen knife. Even a Colin with a big beard

thestabiliser
    Free Member

#Daesh50B

ninfan
    Free Member

What we’ve actually done is given ISIL another ‘legitimate’ target and strengthen their creditability with young Muslims around the world.

You think that UK citizens were not a ‘legitimate target’ for them until last night?

bluehelmet
    Free Member

The answer to the question is not a lot over there, but here it’ll depend on how many relatives of people living here get killed by our bombs, I wonder how many innocent Syrian oil workers perished last night and wether they had families.

gonzy
    Free Member

If I was a civilian in an IS dominated area, I reckon I’d feel a damn sight safer having Britain doing the bombing than America or Russia…

cue thousands of Syrians dancing for joy on the streets of Raqqa(!)

its not going to make the blindest bit of difference….all thats going to happen is that Daesh will be very clever at making themselves hard targets and will hide behind innocent civilians, more of whom will inevitably die as a result of the bombing campaign and “Call me Dave” will merely shrug his shoulders and say they are the unfortunate casualties of war and collateral damage in the good fight against evil…he will then say that the UK is still determined in its objectives to save the UK by bombing Syria…and in the meantime the public will see an increasing number of images/videos like this:

[video]https://youtu.be/GZtgkbnKAqk[/video]

[video]https://youtu.be/-hzHspqLT48[/video]

ninfan
    Free Member

I wonder how many innocent Syrian oil workers perished last night and wether they had families.

Have you ever seen an oil well?

They don’t have a bunch of blokes standing at the top dropping buckets down them 24/7 you know.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

I wonder how many innocent Syrian oil workers perished last night and wether they had families.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ag_AFraxj-4[/video]

LapSteel
    Free Member

Have you ever seen an oil well?

They don’t have a bunch of blokes standing at the top dropping buckets down them 24/7 you know.

sobriety
    Free Member

I don’t often agree with ninfan, but that isn’t an oil well.

LapSteel
    Free Member

True….its described as The Oil Stills of Al Mansura near Al Raqqah

To me it looks like a guy pouring water into a barrel 🙂

ChrisL

ernie_lynch – Member
    We’ve got special bombs.

Half the jets (the Typhoons) we’ve sent to Cyprus to attack Syria can’t use the Brimstone missiles that last week were described as the extra special sauce that’d make our contribution worthwhile. Last night’s attack didn’t use them either.

johndoh
    Free Member

Last night’s attack didn’t use them either.

They didn’t need to, they were bombing identified strongholds, not trying to pinpoint baddies in civilian areas.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Half the jets (the Typhoons) we’ve sent to Cyprus to attack Syria can’t use the Brimstone missiles

Hush will you.

colp

Should we just start calling them Colin?

I can’t imagine anyone called Colin ever cutting somebodies head off with a kitchen knife. Even a Colin with a big beard

You what?

you just pop over to Liverpool and I’ll get all Jihad on your Manc ass! 😛

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

They didn’t need to, they were bombing identified strongholds

Identified strongholds which the US and France have missed for the last year?

It took Our Boys less than an hour to identify these ISIS strongholds. No wonder our allies were so keen for us to help them.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

“Call me Dave” will merely shrug his shoulders and say they are the unfortunate casualties of war and collateral damage in the good fight against evil…he will then say that the UK is still determined in its objectives to save the UK by bombing Syria..

that’ll be just before he announces a whole raft of legislation aimed at curbing civil liberties because of the “increased terrorist threat” that just seemed to happen for no explicable reason.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

ernie_lynch – Member
    We’ve got special bombs.

Indeed we do.
    And politicians with special needs to use them.

sobriety
    Free Member

The Oil Stills of Al Mansura near Al Raqqah

Which means it’s a very basic refinery, which is a bit different to an oil well (but just as likely to get blown up)

matt_outandabout

Half the jets (the Typhoons) we’ve sent to Cyprus to attack Syria can’t use the Brimstone missiles

Meh, I am sure they will be fitted with some ‘suitable’ weapon or other.

seosamh77
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

😆

Do you think your average Syrian or Iraq believes the same propaganda as you?

bails

If I was a civilian in an IS dominated area, I reckon I’d feel a damn sight safer exactly the same having Britain doing the bombing than as well as America or Russia…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 64 total)

The topic ‘How much difference will it make with British getting involved with bombing ?’ is closed to new replies.