Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)
  • How much did you fancy your other half before you started going out?
  • TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Noticed her whilst in the same year at school when I was 15. Asked her to go out with me and still together now 25yrs later.

I was the fit young lad who was in all the sports teams, at the local professional football club and enjoyed the girls. She was quiet, quite plain and red haired (I love red hair)

Now I am a slightly overweight, balding and knees are wrecked which means I get very grumpy. Even after 2 kids and 25yrs together she is size 8, red haired and I fancy her more today than I have ever done. TBH I regard her as out of my league now.

I made a great choice

andyfla
    Free Member

Most of the blokes on here have said that they are batting above their average. Except andyfla.
    But he SO is…..

Maybe a little ?

Clobber
    Free Member

Kona TC +1 from me

hora
    Free Member

My girlfriend at the time had gone home for Christmas and I’d decided to go out to a club. There she was. My ex wasn’t happy when she cameback.

Oops. She should have tethered her goat up properly..

ads678

Met my wife at Sainsbury’s 1993 I was 16 and working part time on the bakery. She had a part time job on the deli. I saw her legs first and i thought that if someone could have legs that good whilst wearing that god awful orange and brown uniform she must be fit. I wasn’t wrong.
    We got on really well and flirted a lot but she had a boyfriend, then I started seeing someone. I’d been sacked from Sainsbury’s by then but I found out she’d finished with the BF so I finished with the lass I was seeing.
    Then on her 18th, she basically arranged to go out where I was going out that night, I was 17 by then.
    So that night as I walked out of the toilets in the zoo bar Halifax and she walked out of the ladies at the same time we kissed and have been together ever since.

She’s great and I have flowers in the car for her to say thank you for not having ago at me for collapsing in a heap and puking all over the kitchen at 3am Saturday night!! She cleaned me up and put me to bed and never said a word! Well apart from ribbing me about it sunday morning/afternoon……

woody2000

Eeh, it’s a small world. I worked at Sainsburys in Halifax, though it was in about 1986. Don’t remember there being any nice ladies there though, shame 🙂

I suspect our paths will have crossed in the zoo bar too ads678, especially in the 90’s. More of a tram shed man prior to that 🙂

Back to the OP – I definitely fancied my OH when I met her (pretty sure it was mutual!) & we got on very well from the outset. 10 years and 3 kids later, I still fancy her, and she still puts up with me 🙂

chomp
    Free Member

fancied the pants of the wife when we first met at a firms do (she was from a different office).

I ended up with her best mate though and got up to things I’m not proud of all in the same tent that night.

For some reason this didn’t put her off me – and while we were friends for about a year afterwards I moved offices so I had a better chance of pulling her.

All worked out in the end and I too am punching well above my weight

hora
    Free Member

Halifax- (first) and all our early dates were at the cinema in the city centre (although its not been a cinema for years).

teasel
    Free Member

Fasthaggis » I went off and made you this

HansRey

When I was leaving primary school, i had three big ambitions.
    1) live abroad in France (currently living in Finland)
    2) become a doctor (writing up my PhD thesis… but it’s in engineering)
    3) have a fit foreign girlfriend

Numbers 1&2 are somewhat realised. Number 3 is even hotter and fitter than me 😀

badnewz
    Free Member

When I was leaving primary school,

You sound like a very organised 11 year old!

DezB
    Free Member

My meeting of the ex was quite weird. I was playing in a band and an old ex gf of mine was there.. she pointed out this rather attractive (understatement) girl in the crowd and I thought “Yeah!” waited til I was drunk and moved in with some chat and dance moves 😀 We were together 24 or something years until various reasons (ahem, including that other ex) broke it all apart.
    Definitely not batting above my average, back then that just wasn’t possible 😆

yunki
    Free Member

I’d seen her a few times in a cafe that I like and figured that she was the owner or manager maybe, and I had a hunch that she was the older sister of a couple of lads that I knew from round town..
    Whenever I went in the cafe I got the impression that she thought I was riff raff and would have preferred me to go elsewhere for my coffee..

Anyway, I was working on a project with one of her brothers and a few of us went to the pub after a successful event we’d organised.. She was there, one drink led to another and it turned out she was extremely funny and warm and clever and when the pub closed at the end of the night I offered to walk her home..
    As I was unlocking my bike she fixed her magical eyes on mine and said ‘errrr, are we flirting with each other?’ and at that moment I knew she was perfect..

We soon discovered that we have pretty much nearly everything in common and we’ve not really spent more than a few hours apart since that day.. until now, as she’s just flown to NZ for three months to regain her midwifery licence after a couple of years off work with cancer..

richpips
    Free Member

I met my wife in a lift. I thought she was pretty, but a bit crazy.

A week later I saw her at a party.

Been together for 20 years now.

Happy days.

cheers_drive

Met Mrs CD on Match.com, it wasn’t love at first sight on our first date but she had a certain something so a second date was arranged. The deal was sealed on the second date and the first year was a brilliant combination of fun, lust, and discovery.
    6 years later then the lust has pretty much gone and she’s not as trim as she once was but she’s still the most loving and caring person I’ve ever met and that’s what really counts in the long run.

woody2000

6 years later then the lust has pretty much gone and she’s not as trim as she once was

Quite the charmer c_d 😉

ads678

Woody2000 – I knew someone on here would be a tramshed/zoo bar goer, well back in the day any way! I loved that place, cracking club, and only £2 in as well!

cr500dom
    Free Member

I fancied my better half from the first time I saw her at highschool
    She was the year above and way out of my league…

We Always got on well and she says there must have been something there as we always had a laugh etc.

Roll on 20 years and I tease her that she successfully stalked me on Facebook 😳

She decided that we ought to see if it worked as well in real life as it did online and it did

We both left Long term partners, brought a house and were engaged within a couple of months.

6 Years later we have a nearly 5 year old, a nearly 3 year old and I love her more and more every day, I still fancy the pants off her too, and really do believe I am the luckiest bloke I know.

Its not all a bed of roses but it is so worth it.

johnx2
    Free Member

I’m trying to think through how that would work? What’s your opening gambit?

Arch an eyebrow and ask “going down?” (The classic move.)

Or “what floor would you like to get off at?”

“Could you just hold it for me for a minute?”

drslow
    Free Member

We both were in a similar place, recently broken up, out on the pull and stumbled into each other on a Glasgow nightclub dancefloor. Most surreal journey of my life.

chewkw
    Free Member

After my ex I have not clicked with anyone else … hhhmmm …
    I am not sure why that is the case but I haven’t managed to find anyone interesting or them finding me interesting.

Time to search the local population … no, no, not the local local they would deck me cold with their thunderous right hook. 😯

richpips
    Free Member

richpips » I met my wife in a lift.

I’m trying to think through how that would work? What’s your opening gambit? [/quote]

We both worked in the same building.

There were no chat up lines. Well not in the lift.

At the party I remember her talking about a football match.

I snogged her to get her to change the subject. I don’t think we’ve had a conversation about football since.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

still the most loving and caring person I’ve ever met and that’s what really counts in the long run.

someone needs to tell my ex that then; she’d agree with the first part (when talking about me), but it’s no longer enough apparently…

hora
    Free Member

I wildly take my other half for granted. Tonight, folks go home and tell them what you think of them. 🙂

Dickyboy

Tonight, folks go home and tell them what you think of them.

I proposed on Sat morning – that good enough for you?

As for the OP – we were a slow burn, took about 3 years of knowing her before I took a shine to her, but then again she was only 8 at the time, only taken us another 39 years to get engaged 🙂

MoreCashThanDash

Best not to rush these things.

And congratulations BTW – assuming she said yes?

tangoman19
    Free Member

Me – Mentor.

Her – My student nurse.

Dickyboy

thanks morecash & yes she did, in our defence we have only be seeing each other for the past 3 years after playing ships in the mist for many years 🙁 oh & definitely batting above my weight 🙂

Viewing 28 posts - 81 through 108 (of 108 total)

The topic ‘How much did you fancy your other half before you started going out?’ is closed to new replies.